The proposal comes first, followed by the Instagram engagement announcement. After you’ve informed your loved ones, it’s time to share the information on social media—with the right engagement caption, of course. It might be difficult to decide what to title your engagement post. Some people want a romantic tribute to express their love, while others prefer a witty engagement caption or joke. Finally, how you announce your engagement on social media should properly represent your relationship. We’ve selected our favorite engagement Instagram captions and phrases to help inspire your “Just Engaged” Instagram post, no matter what your aesthetic is.
Funny Engagement Captions
Get inventive with your engagement post if you and your spouse likes smart puns or caustic jokes. Because there are no laws that say you have to stay with a standard “I said yes” message, these cheeky ideas are excellent for those who want to show off their colorful personality. Here are some of our favorite hilarious engagement captions to make your friends laugh. (Or cry. Or , both.)
- The winner of my roster.
- I guess you could say it’s serious.
- Off the market.
- You probably saw this one coming.
- I have a crush on you.
- OMW to Pinterest.
- Here comes the wedding spam.
- Bride mode: loading.
- Felt loved, might not delete.
- Like Beyoncé, but with an “F.”
- The Instagram post you’ve all been waiting for.
- Poll: Does this ring make me look engaged?
- It’s about time.
- My hand feels heavier today…
- I wonder why.
- TL;DR: We’re engaged.
- Can’t wait to be weird together for the rest of our lives.
- 💍💍💍💍💍💍💍 —Ariana Grande.
- Nobody pinch me.
Cute Engagement Captions
With a charming engagement post, you can keep it pleasant and heartfelt. If you’d rather leave the romantic thoughts between you and your S.O., these charming engagement captions are excellent for conveying the news without becoming too sentimental.
- All mine.
- Forever? Forever ever?
- An everlasting love for me.
- Mr. and Mrs. coming soon.
- Mrs. [last name] has a nice ring to it.
- Forever & more.
- A lifetime of us.
- Forever with you.
- Woke up a fiancé.
- A crazy little thing called forever.
- My whole heart for my whole life.
- The best love stories never end.
- Endlessly in love with you.
- I look at you and I know I’m home.
- The easiest “Yes.”
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
- We’ll be the cutest old couple ever.
- All the feels.
- We’re getting married (!!!!)
- The beginning of forever.
- My person… for life.
- I said yaaaaaas.
- Just taking in the view.
- And so the adventure begins.
- Will I ever stop smiling? Probably not.
Pop Culture Engagement Captions
Everyone from movie goers to music fans can use their Instagram announcement to pay tribute to their favorite songs and fictional works. It’s fairly unusual for couples to organize wedding receptions based on their favorite pop culture events. Consider these pop culture-themed caption ideas for your Instagram engagement announcement when the time comes.
From TV shows and movies
- The one where we got engaged. (Friends)
- My lobster. (Friends)
- Better than Pretzel Day. (The Office)
- “I love you and I like you.” (Parks and Recreation)
- You’ll always be my person. (Grey’s Anatomy)
- “Marry me… because I’d like to date you.” (The Proposal)
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” (When Harry Met Sally)
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.” (Moulin Rouge)
- “Three words. Eight letters. Say it, and I’m yours.” (Gossip Girl)
- “You had me at ‘Hello.'” (Jerry Maguire)
- From Books
- “Let’s start with forever.” (Twilight by Stephenie Meyer)
- “I love her and it is the beginning of everything.” (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
- “But the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13:13)
- “Whatever our souls are made out of, his and mine are the same.” (Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë)
- “Here’s to all the places we went. And all the places we’ll go. And here’s to me, whispering again and again and again and again: I love you.” (An Abundance of Katherines by John Green)
- “I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.” (The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks)
- “For you, a thousand times over.” (The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini)
- “He is half of my soul, as the poets say.” (The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller)
- “Everything I wanted.” (“Everything I Wanted” by Billie Eilish)
- “Love you to the moon and to Saturn.” (“Seven” by Taylor Swift)
- I can’t put my hand up during “Single Ladies” anymore. (“Single Ladies” by Beyoncé)
- “‘Cause we were just kids when we fell in love.” (“Perfect” by Ed Sheeran)
- “You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.” (“Mine” by Taylor Swift)
- “Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you.” (“Marry You” by Bruno Mars)
- “You’re my end and my beginning.” (“All of Me” by John Legend)
- “I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.” (“Make You Feel My Love” by Adele)
- “I belong with you, you belong with me. You’re my sweetheart.” (“Ho Hey” by The Lumineers)
- “Heaven is a place on earth with you.” (“Video Games” by Lana Del Ray)
- “I love you. Three words that are divine.” (“I Love You” by Frank Sinatra)
- “Keep all my love forever.” (“P.S. I Love You” by The Beatles)
- “Maybe I don’t know that much but I know this much is true, I was blessed because I was loved by you.” (“Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion)
- We have plenty to be thankful for this year.
- Christmas came early this year.
- Guess who made it onto Santa’s “Nice” list this year?
- A perfect way to 💍 in the New Year. Literally.
- My forever Valentine.
- Yes, there were fireworks.
This concludes our list of the best engagement Instagram captions in 2023. These captions came in different shapes and forms. You can use these captions to announce your engagement any way you see fit.
The proposal comes first, followed by the Instagram announcement of the engagement. After informing your loved ones, it’s time to spread the news on social media—with the appropriate engagement caption, of course. It may be challenging to come up with a headline for your engagement post. Some individuals choose a romantic tribute to communicate their feelings, while others prefer a funny engagement caption or joke. Lastly, the manner in which you announce your engagement on social media should accurately reflect your relationship.