Are you a user of Facebook, Snapchat, or Instagram? If so, you’ve probably noticed that “stories” are all the rage on social media these days. With this feature, you can easily share your daily moments with loved ones without having to type out long texts. Facebook’s version, like Snapchat, only stays viewable for 24 hours, but have you ever wondered if there’s a way to see who viewed your Facebook story?
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Facebook Stories – from what they are to how you can see who viewed your Story on Facebook. We’ll also provide tips and updates on how to stay private and secure while using Facebook. So, whether you’re a seasoned Facebook user or just getting started, keep reading to learn more!
What is a Facebook Story and How Does it Work?
Facebook Story is a feature that was first introduced by Snapchat and is now available on Instagram, WhatsApp, and Facebook. With Stories, you can share your daily moments with friends and family in a fun and creative way. Unlike regular posts, stories only remain visible for a short period of time and appear at the top of your News Feed. Stories usually get more attention and interaction than regular posts on Facebook.
Can You See Who Viewed Your Facebook Story?
Even though Facebook doesn’t offer a feature like this, there is a way to check who viewed your Story. Originally intended for businesses to track engagement, normal users can also check their Facebook Story viewers. If you want to know how to do this, keep reading!
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to see who viewed your Facebook Story:
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Step 2: Look for your uploaded Story at the top of the screen.
- Step 3: Check the number of views in the bottom left corner and tap on it.
- Step 4: You will see a list of friends and family members who viewed your Facebook Story. The app shows recent viewers at the top.
It’s important to note that Facebook doesn’t show when a person views your Story like WhatsApp does. You can tap on “Refresh” at the top of the screen to check for new viewers.
Here’s a guide on how to check Facebook Story viewers on the web:
- Step 1: Go to the Facebook website.
- Step 2: Open your Story.
- Step 3: Select your Story viewers from the bottom of the page.
- Step 4: Review the list of viewers.
How Can You Check Your Facebook Story Archive?
Facebook Stories disappear from others after 24 hours. However, you can still view them by checking the Archive menu. This cool feature lets you look back on your past Stories and see who viewed them. Unlike other social media platforms that delete your Stories and make them impossible to access, Facebook lets you keep them for your own viewing pleasure.
Here’s the process:
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app on your phone and select a current Story.
- Step 2: Tap on “Current Viewers” at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 3: Select the “Story Archive” menu at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: You will be able to view all of your previous stories with the date they were posted. To view the viewers list for a specific story, open it and check the bottom-right corner of the screen.
You can save the Story from the same menu, delete it, or share it as a Reel. Only you can see your Story archive. If you don’t want Facebook to save your Stories, tap on the Settings gear at the top and disable the “Save to archive” toggle.
You can also check the location map if you tagged a location with your Stories. Select the maps icon and check the location history.
How to Change Privacy for Who Can View Your Facebook Story?
You can decide who sees your online activities on Facebook, including your Stories. If you want to change your privacy settings for your Facebook Stories, here’s how to do it.
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app and log in.
- Step 2: Tap the hamburger icon to open the menu.
- Step 3: Tap the cog icon for “Settings and Privacy.”
- Step 4: Scroll down to “Audience and Visibility” and select “Stories.”
- Step 5: Tap on “Story Privacy” to adjust who can see your Story.
- Step 6: Choose to share your Story with your “Friends” or select “Hide Story From” to exclude specific people.
- Step 7: Click on “Sharing Options” to control who can share your Story.
- Step 8: Tap each option to manage who can and cannot share your Stories.
Note: You can also control how long Facebook keeps your Stories by adjusting the “Story Archive” setting. This can be helpful for saving Stories for future use, whether you are an individual or a business.
How to View Facebook Stories Without Leaving a Trace?
You might know how to post anonymously on Facebook. Also, there are three different ways to watch someone’s Stories secretly. But these ways are not guaranteed to work, and Facebook might change its Stories features to stop this from happening.
Method 1: Use Airplane Mode
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app and log in.
- Step 2: Turn on airplane mode to disconnect from the internet.
- Step 3: Preload the Story you want to view.
- Step 4: Close the Facebook app.
- Step 5: Turn off airplane mode and go back online.
Note: If you turn on airplane mode after viewing the Story, the user will still see that you viewed it.
Method 2: Use the Half-Swipe Technique
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app and select the Story before the one you want to view.
- Step 2: Slowly swipe to the next Story without letting go.
- Step 3: Swipe back to the original Story and let go.
Note: This method may not work for video Stories.
Method 3: Use an Alternative Account
- Step 1: Create a new Facebook account.
- Step 2: Use the new account to view the Story.
Note: This method only works for Stories that are shared publicly.
What are “Other Viewers” on the Facebook Stories?
“Other Viewers” are people who have viewed your Story but are not your Facebook friends. They can be your followers or random people on Facebook. By default, Stories are only visible to your friends. You can change the privacy setting to “Public” or “Friends and Connections” to make them visible to more people. You can also use the “Custom” privacy setting to choose who can see your Story among your friends.
Can You See “Other Viewers” on the Facebook Story?
It is not possible to see other viewers on the Facebook story. If your story privacy setting is ‘public,’ you can only see the number of people who have viewed your Story, and Facebook’s policy includes keeping this information confidential.
In conclusion, Facebook Stories have become popular for users to share their daily moments with friends and family. Users can access their Facebook Story archive to view previous stories and manage their privacy settings to control who can see their stories. However, seeing “Other Viewers” on the Facebook Story is impossible. Lastly, we have provided some ways to view Facebook Stories secretly, but these methods are not guaranteed to work.