Twitter may be all about sending out short 280-character messages to the world, but the platform is increasingly becoming a go-to destination for video as well, making knowing video format for Twitter even more vital. According to Twitter, there are approximately 1.2 billion daily video views (2x growth over the previous 12 months), and video tweets receive ten times the engagement of non-video tweets. It makes sense to integrate Twitter into your video marketing efforts, but to achieve the greatest results, you should always strive for the best possible Twitter video quality settings. To correctly format your video, follow these simple steps.
What is Twitter’s current video limit?
It’s a real shame when Twitter automatically cuts or resizes your video. Here are a few important things to note regarding Twitter’s video sizes, frame rates, and formats.
- Minimum resolution: 32×32
- Maximum resolution: 1920×1200 (landscape) and 1200×1900 (portrait)
Despite the fact that the maximum resolutions are significantly larger, the recommended resolution and aspect ratio are unexpectedly different.
- Maximum frame rate: 60 frames per second (FPS)
We recommend uploading videos at 30 to 60 frames per second. Anything lower will appear choppy. Having said that, 24 FPS is an excellent frame rate for capturing fight scenes.
- File types supported: MP4 (the best) and MOV (second best)
There is a distinction between MP4 and MOV, as well as many ways to export to MP4.
- Twitter video length limit: 140 seconds / 2 minutes and 20 seconds
Even if your videos are long, a clever little hack allows you to post videos that exceed Twitter’s limited length. We’ll go through everything in further detail below. The ideal duration for optimum video engagement on Twitter is 20 to 45 seconds. While a lengthier video may appear more appealing, your viewers are less likely to watch it all the way through.
What is the file size limit for Twitter videos?
Twitter videos can have a maximum file size of 512 MB. It may appear modest compared to the sizes of most high-quality videos these days, but it’s adequate for the suggested resolutions listed above. If you’re still having trouble with a huge file, compress your video to make it smaller.
How Can I Tweet Videos That Are Longer Than 140 Seconds?
“What if I wish to post a longer video than 2 minutes?” You certainly can! There are two simple ways to accomplish this:
- You can post your video to YouTube and then tweet the URL.
- By creating a Twitter ad account.
If you upload your video to YouTube and then share the link on Twitter, a playable preview of it will appear on your followers’ screens. Depending on your Twitter version, it will either play on Twitter or link your follower to the YouTube app. The YouTube video, on the other hand, plays just fine on browsers. But, signing up for a Twitter ad account is a better long-term and more successful approach. Although you will be prompted to enter your bank information, this process and future videos will be free! This approach allows you to post videos up to 10 minutes long for free.
- To get started, visit Ads.Twitter.com. You must first sign in to your Twitter account. Then, on the campaign creation page, go through the onboarding process. You’ll be prompted to enter your country and time zone to proceed.
- After you’re finished, click your name in the upper-right corner of your screen. This will reveal a menu where you should select Add new payment method.
- Don’t panic when asked for your billing and credit card information. You will not be spending any money. This is only to activate the Twitter ad account feature.
- When you’re finished entering your credit card information, you should notice a new menu line appears in the top-left corner of your screen. Go ahead and pick Videos after clicking on Creatives. You can use this site to post up to 10 minutes of video footage to Twitter for free. You are not required to use your account for advertising in order to post these lengthy videos.
How Can I Post a Video on Twitter?
There are two ways to share your videos on Twitter. You can post your video using the standard channels if you have a regular account. Here’s how you can do it.
For mobile users:
- Launch your Twitter application and press the tweet button to share a new tweet.
- Click the gallery button, then navigate to the video you want to upload. To begin uploading, tap on the video.
- Compose your caption and tweet. If you want to increase traffic, don’t forget to use hashtags! Hashtags are an effective approach to increase the visibility of your videos beyond your own following.
- When you’ve uploaded the video, send the tweet to Twitter’s servers, and your video will be posted.
For PC users:
- Visit the Twitter website and hit N or click on the tweet interface to create a new tweet.
- You can drag your video clip from a folder to your new tweet or use the File Explorer on your PC to upload your photo.
- Next, write your caption and wait for the video to upload. Just click the Tweet button to share your video!
In conclusion, Twitter video quality settings provide an array of options for users to choose from when uploading videos. Understanding the best settings for a given situation is important to ensure the highest quality results. With an understanding of the different settings and their effects, users can produce videos that look great and impress their followers.