WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that allows you to send various types of messages to your contacts. One of its features is the Status update, which is a short video or image that disappears after 24 hours. If you want to add some music to your Status update, there are different ways to do so depending on your device and the type of music you want to add. In this article, we will show you the top 3 ways to add background music to your WhatsApp Status on both Android and iPhone.
Method 1: Add Music to Status Using WhatsApp
The easiest way to add music to your WhatsApp status is to use the built-in feature of the app itself. However, this method has some limitations. You can only add music that is playing on your phone’s speaker, not on your headphones or earphones. You also have to record the status video while the music is playing in the background. This means that you cannot edit the video or add any effects later.
Here are the steps to add music to WhatsApp status using WhatsApp:
1. Open the music app of your choice on your phone and play the song that you want to add as background music. Make sure that you are playing the song through the speaker and not your wired or wireless headset.
2. Now, open WhatsApp while the song is playing in the background. Go to “status”.
3. Here you see two options one is for photo and the other is for video. Click on the video option.
3. Ensure that the music playback is at its maximum volume level. This way, you can ensure a better background music quality for your status. Start recording.
4. When you are done recording, quickly preview the recording and, if everything is in order, tap on the send button at the bottom right corner and let everyone enjoy your musical status.
Method 2: Add Music Using a Video-editing App
While the method that we mentioned above works well, adding music using a third-party app is much better and ensures better audio quality as well as more creative options. You can use any video-editing app of your choice, but our recommendation is InShot Video Editor. It has just the right amount of features to make custom videos and it gets the job done in no time.
Now, to add music to your statuses using this app, follow these steps:
1. Use your phone’s camera or any other app to record the status video. It could be anything that you want to show to your friends. Do not worry about playing the music in this one as we will be adding the tune separately.
2. Install and open Inshot.
3. Click on Video.
4. Select the video you want.
5. Click “Import”.
6. Once the video is imported, select the music option.
7. Choose music among the list.
8. Once the music is selected, it will ask you to adjust the volume of background music and your original video. Adjust it according to your need & tap on OK.
9. Now, confirm to save the settings.
10. Here, you can also remove watermark just by watching the advertisemnet.
11. Fnally, tap on Save to export video.
12. Once done, select Whatsapp to open itand upload it to your Status.
Method 3: Add Music Using Instagram
Another way to add music to your WhatsApp status is to use Instagram’s story feature. Instagram allows you to create stories with photos, videos, stickers, filters, text, and more. You can also add music from Instagram’s library or from Spotify or SoundCloud.
Here are the steps to add music using Instagram:
1. Open Instagram and swipe left from anywhere on your home screen or tap on the camera icon at the top left corner
to start creating a new story.
2. Choose a photo or a video from your gallery or take a new one using Instagram’s camera.
3. Tap on the sticker icon at the top of the screen and select the “Music” option.
4. Browse through Instagram’s music library or search for a song by name, artist, genre, mood, or theme.
5. Tap on a song to preview it and drag the slider at the bottom of the screen to choose a specific part of it.
6. Tap on “Done” at the top right corner and adjust the size and position of the music sticker on your story.
7. Tap on “Your Story” at the bottom left corner and share your story with music.
8. To save your story with music as a video file on your phone, tap on “More” at
the bottom right corner of your story and select “Save”.
9. Open WhatsApp and go to status and tap on “My Status”.
10. Select the video file that you saved from Instagram and send it as your musical status update.
We recommend InShot Video Editor. It has just the right amount of features to make custom videos and it gets the job done in no time.
You can use Instagram’s story feature to add music from Spotify or SoundCloud to your WhatsApp status. You have to link your Spotify or SoundCloud account to your Instagram account and then choose a song from these apps while creating a story. You can then save the story with music as a video file on your phone and share it as your WhatsApp status.
You can use a video-editing app to add music from YouTube to your WhatsApp status. You have to download the YouTube video that contains the music that you want and then import it into the app. You can then trim the video to select the part of the music that you want and add it to your status video.
Your WhatsApp status video can be up to 30 seconds long. If your video is longer than that, you can either trim it or split it into multiple parts.
You can mute other people’s WhatsApp statuses with music by tapping and holding on their profile picture in the status tab. You will see an option to mute their updates. This will prevent their statuses from appearing at the top of the tab.
You cannot edit your WhatsApp status with music after you have sent it. You have to delete it and create a new one.
You cannot download other people’s WhatsApp statuses with music directly from the app. You have to use a third-party app or tool that allows you to save WhatsApp statuses on your phone.
Adding music to your WhatsApp status is a fun and easy way to spice up your stories and express yourself better. You can use any of the methods that we discussed above depending on what device you are using and what kind of music you want to add.We hope that this article helped you learn how to add background music to WhatsApp status on Android and iPhone.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?