If you use Instagram, you may have seen users asking you to react to anonymous questions in their Stories. However, Everyone knows that Instagram users can see who watches their Stories and that your username is linked to whatever answers you provide to official Instagram polls or Q&A boxes. So, what’s the deal? NGL is an app that generates URLs that can be used to collect anonymous messages on Instagram from social media followers. NGL, which stands for “not gonna lie,” allows your followers to respond or pose questions without disclosing their names. However, if they pay, the Instagram NGL link will provide “hints” about your identity, so act cautiously. In this post, we’ll walk you through how to add NGL link on Instagram, so stay tuned.
- Get the NGL app
- The first step is to get the NGL app from the App Store or Google Play.
- To do so, go to the App Store or Google Play Store and type “NGL” into the search bar.
- You should have a look at the “NGL – anonymous q&a” app.
- Tap the app and then “Install” to install it on your phone.
2. Copy your NGL link
- Open the NGL app after you’ve installed it.
- When you initially launch the app, you will be prompted to enter your Instagram login.
- Enter “darkfox” as an example if your username is “darkfox.”
- The app will then generate your NGL link (for example, ngl.link/darkfox).
- To copy your NGL link, use the “copy link” button.
3. Make use of the link sticker
- After you’ve copied your Instagram NGL link, post it to your Instagram story.
- Open Instagram and then tap on your profile picture to post a new story.
- You can now use a basic background from your photo gallery.
- If you don’t already have one, you can get one from Google Images.
- Finally, you must use the link sticker.
- Tap on the sticker icon (the one with the smiling face) and then on the link sticker to do so.
4. Paste your NGL link
- After tapping on the link sticker, you’ll be sent to the “Add link” page.
- You must now copy and paste your NGL link into the “URL” section.
- You can also edit the text on the sticker.
- Tap on “Customize sticker text” and provide a caption.
- For example, you can name the link “Ask me anything.”
- When you’re finished, press the “Done” button.
5. Share the story
- You’ll see the “NGL.LINK” sticker when you’ve hit “Done.”
- If you’ve personalized the sticker text, it will appear instead of the link (for example, Ask me anything).
- Tap on “Your Story” to share it!
- You must now wait for messages from your followers.
- When they do, you’ll be notified via the NGL app (if you’ve enabled notifications).
- You can see the messages you’ve received by opening the NGL app!
Add NGL link on Instagram bio
If you want to add NGL link on Instagram bio:
- Copy and share the link before heading to your Instagram account.
- Then, go to your Profile page, which is located below your bio.
- You’ll notice a button on the left side that says something like “edit profile.”
- Click on “edit profile” and paste the ngl.link, then click “Done” to save the changes.
That’s all there is to it; you’ve finally put the NGL anonymous link to your Instagram profile.
How to Check NGL Responses
NGL will notify you anytime a query or response is sent over the link. In the NGL app, tap the Inbox tab at the top of the screen to view your messages. Messages appear as unmarked letters in your inbox. When you open a letter, you will see responses from people who clicked your link. If you reply to the message, you will be sent to Instagram, where you can publish your response as a Story or as a private message if you believe you know who sent it.
Is NGL really anonymous?
Do you want to find out who sent an anonymous message? In the NGL app, open a message and tap Who sent this? > Unlock to pay an in-app purchase for “hints” on who sent the message from NGL. It was ready to charge us $9.99 a week for NGL Pro on the iPhone; NGL says it provides a “lower tier” price choice, which looks to be $1.99 or $6.99, according to the App Store description. We didn’t upgrade to see what type of suggestions the software provided. According to the app’s FAQ, “Over the next few weeks, we’ll introduce more specific hints that make it easier to figure out who sent the message.” So keep that in mind as you express your feelings about NGL.
How to Uninstall the NGL App
To delete history from an app, you must first delete the account you established and then uninstall the application from your phone. However, you do not create an account on the app unless you upgrade to the Pro version of NGL. However, you should probably log out. According to NGL, once you log out, “your messages will be deleted forever.” To remove NGL or generate a link with another Instagram handle, hit the Settings icon in the upper right corner and select Remove Account > Yes, delete account. NGL will redirect you to the welcome screen to sign in with a different account. Alternatively, exit and delete the app.
NGL stands for “Next Generation Link,” which is a type of link that allows you to create a landing page with multiple clickable buttons and links, making it easier for your followers to navigate to your various online destinations.
Several online tools allow you to create NGL links, such as Linktree, Lnk.Bio, and Campsite. Choose a tool that works best for you and create an account. Once you’ve created your account, you can start adding links and customizing your landing page.
To add your NGL link to your Instagram profile, follow these steps:
1. Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
2. Tap “Edit Profile.”
3. In the “Website” field, paste the link to your NGL landing page.
4. Click “Done” to save your changes.
Yes, you can change your NGL link at any time by editing your Instagram profile and updating the link in the “Website” field.
Yes, most NGL link tools allow you to track clicks and other engagement metrics on your landing page. Check your NGL link tool’s analytics dashboard to see how your links are performing and to get insights on your audience’s behavior.
That’s all there is to it when it comes to adding an Instagram NGL link to your Instagram story and bio. We hope this article has taught you everything you need to know about NGL links on Instagram.