Twitter is well-known for allowing users to express themselves in a limited number of characters. Because the platform understands how crucial it is to keep your information private online, it lets you connect your email address to your Twitter account. If you change your email address later, be sure to update your Twitter account as well. You won’t miss any important information regarding your Twitter account this way. This post will show you how to change your Twitter email address. There are several things you should know before you change email on Twitter. Nevertheless, changing your Twitter email address may have certain advantages. This guide will thoroughly cover all of these topics. Continue reading to find out.
The Importance of Linking Your Email to Twitter
You can use an email to send and receive information over the internet. If you’ve been paying attention, you’ll notice that many social sites demand you to link your account to your email address. This is because email is a safe and reliable method of communicating. Twitter is a place where you may be required to provide your email address. While it may appear that the app is asking for too much, it offers several benefits. To begin, adding your email to your Twitter account keeps you up to speed on account activity even if you don’t visit the site often. In addition, if you forget your account password, you can always recover it using your email address. But, in some cases, you must change your email address. Perhaps you’ve recently changed jobs, or you’ve grown tired of your old email and need to create a new one. Also, you may detect that someone is messing with your account. If you find yourself in any of these scenarios, there are simple ways to change your Twitter email address.
How Can You Change Your Email Address on Twitter Desktop?
Follow these steps to change your email address in the Twitter desktop app:
1. Open your preferred browser and go to Twitter.
2. On the left side of the screen, click the “More” button.
3. Choose “Settings and Support” from the drop-down menu.
4. Choose “Settings and privacy.”
5. On the right, click the “Account information” button.
6. Enter your password in the given field and click “Confirm” below.
7. Choose “Email.”
8. “Update email address” will appear.
9. Enter your password and then press “Next.”
10. Fill in your new email address and click “Next” to continue.
11. Take note of the verification code in your new email.
12. Return to Twitter and input the code in the box labeled “We sent you a code.”
13. At the bottom, press the “Verify” button.
How Can You Change Your Email Address On The Twitter Mobile App?
Follow these steps to change your email address using the Twitter mobile app:
1. On your mobile device, launch the Twitter app.
2. On the top left corner, click on the profile image.
3. “Settings and Support” should be selected.
4. Choose “Privacy and settings.”
5. Choose “Your account.”
6. Choose “Account information” from the drop-down menu.
7. Choose “Email.”
8. Type your Twitter password in the appropriate field and then press “Next” at the bottom.
9. Enter your new email address and press the “Next” button.
10. Enter the code given to the email address you provided.
11. Click “Verify” to the right.
Frequently Asked Questions
Several accounts associated with the same email address are not permitted on Twitter. You can, however, change the email address linked with an existing account.
You can update your email address in the Settings and privacy section of your account.
If you don’t have access to the current email address associated with your Twitter account, contact us and provide as much information as possible. We’ll review your case and help you the best we can.
It should take effect immediately after you’ve updated the new email address associated with your Twitter account.
To share content on Twitter, you must first link your email address to the app. In addition, adding your email to your Twitter account allows you to quickly recover your account if you forget your password. If you need to change email on Twitter for whatever reason, follow the instructions in this guide.