While using Facebook, you may experience harassment through comments or direct messages. When this occurs, Facebook has made it simple to block someone in order to avoid contact with them. It’s difficult to remember who you’ve blocked on Facebook. You are, however, in luck since there is a way to access all of the accounts you’ve blocked on Facebook. This article describes what happens when you block a Facebook profile and how to block someone on Facebook. Following that, we’ll go through how to check your Facebook block list and how to unblock a Facebook profile.
What Happens When You Block a Facebook Profile?
There are millions of Facebook users, and you will meet new people every day. It might be people who leave comments on your Facebook posts or those that message you in your inbox. In any situation, you can brush shoulders with someone and then cut off the contact by blocking them. When you block someone, you are denying them the chance to do a number of tasks.
- The blocked profile will not be able to see your posts on your timeline.
- You cannot be invited to groups or events by the blocked profile.
- Someone you’ve blocked will not be able to tag you in images, comments, or posts.
- They are unable to message you or add you as a Facebook friend.
The above are some of the effects of blocking someone on Facebook. If that’s what you want, go ahead and block the Facebook profile.
How Do I Block a Facebook Account?
Are you prepared to block someone on Facebook? Here’s how to do it on the computer:
- Open your Facebook account.
- On your News Feed, select the Friends option.
- Select the All Friends option.
- Find the person you wish to block and click the three dots next to their name.
- Click “Block [name] profile.”
- On the confirmation button, click Confirm.
Your target Facebook profile has been blocked. Follow the steps below to block someone using the Facebook app.
- Launch Facebook.
- Select the Menu option.
- Select Friends.
- Select “Your Friends.”
- Find the Facebook profile that you want to block.
- Click the three dots to the right of it.
- Select “Block [target-name] profile.”
- Click the Confirm button on the confirmation prompt.
You’ve managed to block your target Facebook profile.
How Do I View a Blocked Facebook Profile?
You may have already blocked several Facebook profiles. It might be difficult to remember all of the accounts you’ve blocked, but you don’t have to, especially because you can check a list of your blocked profiles from your Facebook account.
To see blocked profiles using a browser:
- Open your Facebook account.
- At the top, click on your profile.
- Select the Settings and privacy tab.
- Select the Settings option.
- Blocking can be seen on the left.
- Select the “Block users” option and then click the Edit button.
- A popup with the names of the users you’ve blocked will appear.
- Scroll through the list of Facebook profiles you’ve blocked.
- Unblock a particular Facebook profile by clicking the Unblock button to the right of their name.
That’s how you can see the list of Facebook profiles you’ve blocked.
To see blocked profiles using the Facebook app:
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Select the hamburger menu option.
- At the top, tap the settings icon.
- Scroll down to the section Audience and visibility and select Blocking.
- Your blocked profiles will be listed.
If you don’t have any blocked profiles, you can add people to your blocked list by using the Add button. The two choices allow you to view your list of blocked Facebook profiles directly from the Facebook app.
Commonly Asked Questions
Is it possible for someone to find out when I block them on Facebook?
They just cannot. Facebook does not notify the person who has been blocked. If they attempt to tag you, follow you, or message you, they may suspect you’ve blocked them.
How can I find out if someone’s Facebook account has been deactivated?
If the individual is in your Friends list, open it and check for their name. If they aren’t on your Friends list, do a direct search for them. In either case, if their account is no longer visible, it has most likely been deactivated.
Can I block someone on Facebook who has previously blocked me?
You cannot block someone who has blocked you through the standard methods, although it is still possible. Because you can’t view the profile of a blocked account, you’ll have to go to your block list and manually input their Facebook ID.
Can I unblock myself on Facebook if I’ve been blocked?
In short, there is no way to unblock yourself unless the person who is blocking you agrees to do so. Attempting to go around a block when you know you’ve been blocked is also a terrible idea.
Where can I find my Facebook blocked list?
Facebook features a blocked section where you can view the Facebook profiles you’ve blocked by clicking the edit button next to the “block user” option. The functionality is accessible via the Facebook app as well as the desktop version.
There are several reasons why you would want to block someone on Facebook. We’ve seen what occurs when you block someone on Facebook, as well as how to block someone. We’ve also shown how to check your Facebook block list and remove anyone from the list.