Facebook is a very popular digital marketing platform that many companies use. But sometimes, a company may want to delete their Facebook business Page and disappear from the social network. The reasons for this can be different for each company. Whatever the reason may be, it’s good to know that there are different ways to delete a Facebook business Page.
What Are Common Reasons for Deleting a Facebook Business Page?
There are several situations in which you might need to delete a Facebook business page:
- Closing or discontinuing the business: If you are closing down your business permanently and have no intention of continuing it in the future, deleting the Facebook business page may be appropriate.
- Rebranding or changing business focus: If your business is undergoing a significant rebranding or changing its focus, deleting the existing Facebook business page and creating a new one aligned with the updated brand or focus may be necessary.
- Merging with another business: If your business is merging with another business and no longer requires a separate Facebook presence, deleting the existing page and integrating it into the new entity’s page may be preferred.
- Inactive or unused page: If your Facebook business page has been inactive or unused for an extended period and serves no purpose, deleting it can help declutter your online presence.
- Privacy or security concerns: In cases where there are privacy or security concerns associated with the Facebook business page, deleting it can help mitigate those risks.
Before deleting a Facebook business page, consider if there are any alternative actions you can take, such as unpublishing the page or handing it over to another admin or manager. Deleting a page permanently removes all its content and cannot be undone, so it’s important to make an informed decision.
What Happens When You Delete a Facebook Business Page?
When you delete a Facebook Business Page, it becomes invisible and cannot be found by anyone. You have 14 days to change your mind and restore the Page. After that, if you confirm the deletion, it will be gone forever.
Remember that deleting the Page permanently means losing all its content and data. This includes likes, comments, interactions, and reviews on Facebook.
What You Need to Know Before You Click “Delete Page”?
Before you click “delete page,” here’s what you need to know:
- Make sure you are the administrator of the Facebook business page if you want to delete it.
- If you’re not completely certain about deleting the page, you can choose to unpublish it instead. This way, you can publish it again later without losing any information.
- Even if you delete the page, you have a 14-day window to change your mind and reactivate it. During this time, the page will still be visible to the public.
How to Delete a Business Page on Facebook on Desktop?
To delete your Facebook Business Page using a computer, which is the usual way, follow these easy steps:
- Make sure you’re the admin of the Page you want to delete. Sometimes people can’t delete their Facebook business Page because they’re not the admin. If it’s a duplicate Page you don’t have access to, you might need to claim it first.
- Go to your Page and click on Settings at the top right.
- In the Settings, find the General tab and scroll down.
- Look for the option to Remove Page and click on it.
- After you click delete, you’ll have 14 days to change your mind and restore the Page if you want to.
How to Delete a Facebook Business Page on Mobile?
Deleting a Facebook business page on your mobile device is done in the same way as on a computer. Here’s how to delete a Facebook business page on your smartphone or mobile device:
- Open the Facebook app and log into your account.
- Tap the three horizontal lines to open the right-hand menu. Choose “Pages.”
- Switch to “Pages You Manage” and select the page you want to delete.
- Tap the “Settings” icon and go to the “General” tab.
- Scroll down to find the “Remove Page” option.
- Tap “Delete [Your Page Name].”
- A pop-up will appear asking if you want to delete the page. Tap “OK” to confirm.
- Just like on a computer, you have a 14-day window to reactivate the page if needed.
How to Delete Facebook Business Page Using FBM?
FBM (Facebook Business Manager) is a tool provided by Facebook that helps businesses manage their advertising accounts, Pages, and business-related insights and reports. It’s designed for larger agencies that handle multiple users, employees, clients, and ad accounts.
To delete your Page using Facebook Business Manager:
- Log into your Facebook Business Manager account. On your home Page, click on Business Settings at the top right.
- In Business Settings, find Accounts > Pages on the left side. Choose the Page you want to remove from Facebook Business Manager.
- When you select the Page, its details will appear on the right. Above the details, you’ll see the option to Remove the Page from FBM.
- Clicking on this option will remove your Facebook Business Page from FBM. After that, you can delete the Page using the regular method mentioned earlier.
Remember: Your Facebook Business Page will not be permanently deleted until 14 days have passed. You can also choose to unpublish your Page temporarily if you need a break. Unpublishing won’t make you lose your fans, followers, and reviews.
Why Can’t I Delete My Facebook Business Page?
The main reason why you can’t delete your Facebook Business Page is that you’re not an admin of the Page.
Even if you are an admin, there might be another admin who canceled the Page deletion within the 14-day period.
Your Page could also be connected to a Facebook Business Manager (FBM) account that is linked to a parent business. In this case, you’ll need to learn how to delete a Facebook business Page using Facebook Business Manager.
Not Sure About Deleting Your Facebook Page? Here Are Some Alternatives
If you’re not sure whether you want to delete your Facebook business page forever, there are a couple of other options you can consider.
Option one is to unpublish your page. This is a good choice if you might want to use your Facebook page again in the future but currently want to keep it hidden from the public.
Option two is to merge your page with another one. This allows you to remove the old Facebook page while transferring its likes to the new page. It’s a win-win situation where you can consolidate your audience and maintain your online presence. And option three is to remove your page from your Business Manager.
Alternative 1: Unpublish your Facebook page:
There are a few reasons why you might want to unpublish your Facebook business page:
- If you have an old page that needs updating.
- If you have a new page that you’re still working on and don’t want it to be seen by the public yet.
- If you created a fan page for someone or something but it doesn’t interest you anymore.
- If you’re unsure about permanently deleting your page.
Here’s how to unpublish your Facebook page:
- Go to Facebook and click on “Pages” in your News Feed (found in the left menu).
- Select the page you want to unpublish and go to Page Settings.
- Navigate to General and click on Page Visibility.
- Choose “Page unpublished” and click Save Changes.
- Facebook will ask for the reason behind unpublishing your page. Provide your reason.
- Click Next and then Unpublish.
That’s it! If you want to publish your page again, follow the same steps but choose “Page published” in the fourth step.
Alternative 2: Merge your Facebook pages:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top right corner.
- Click on “Pages.”
- You’ll see a list of your Facebook pages. Tap the one you want to merge.
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Click on “Merge Pages.”
- Facebook will ask for your password and prompt you to choose the two pages you want to merge.
To be eligible for merging, both pages need to have you as an admin, be about the same topic, represent the same thing with similar names, and have the same physical location if applicable.
Alternative 3: Remove your page from your Business Manager?
Removing a page from Business Manager is for situations when you don’t want to manage the business page anymore but still want to keep it. To do this, you need to be the admin of the page. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Business Settings and choose the business account you want to manage.
- Find the page you want to remove from the list of pages and click on the Trash can icon to remove it.
What Should You Do Before Deleting a Facebook Page?
Before deleting a Facebook page, there are a few things you should do:
- Back up important content: If there is any valuable content on the page that you want to keep, such as photos, videos, or posts, make sure to download or save them before proceeding with the deletion. Once the page is deleted, you won’t be able to retrieve its content.
- Inform your audience: If the page has an active following or audience, it’s a good practice to inform them in advance about your decision to delete the page. You can make a post or announcement, directing them to any alternative channels or providing relevant information.
- Consider alternatives: If you’re unsure about permanently deleting the page, explore alternative options such as unpublishing the page or merging it with another Facebook page. These alternatives allow you to keep some aspects of the page intact while adjusting its visibility or merging it with a similar page.
- Review page permissions: Before deleting the page, review any permissions or access granted to other users or third-party apps. Revoke access or remove permissions as necessary to ensure the page is fully under your control.
- Evaluate the consequences: Understand that deleting a Facebook page is permanent and irreversible. Consider the potential impact on your online presence, branding, and any associated business or community. Take the time to weigh the pros and cons of deleting the page before making a final decision.
In conclusion, deleting a Facebook business page is a decision that should be made after careful consideration. It is important to understand the reasons for wanting to delete the page and explore alternative options such as unpublishing or merging with another page. Before proceeding with the deletion, it is crucial to back up any valuable content, inform your audience about the decision, review page permissions, and evaluate the potential consequences.
However, if you’re interested in staying updated with the latest news and updates about social media, I encourage you to subscribe to our newsletter. By subscribing, you’ll receive valuable insights, tips, and information directly to your inbox. Stay informed and ahead of the game by subscribing to our newsletter today!
Deleting a Facebook business page means that you are removing it permanently from Facebook, along with all its content, data, and followers. You will not be able to access or restore it in the future. Unpublishing a Facebook business page means that you are hiding it from public view, but still keeping it accessible and manageable by you as an admin. You can republish it at any time if you want to make it visible again.
When you delete your Facebook business page, you will lose all the data and followers associated with it, such as content, insights, ads, likes, comments, messages, reviews, groups, events, shops, etc. All of these data and followers will be permanently deleted after 14 days of scheduling your page deletion. You will not be able to recover them in the future.
You can cancel the deletion of your Facebook business page within 14 days of scheduling it by following the steps provided in the article, depending on the device and method you are using. You will need to log into your Facebook account and navigate to your business page, then click or tap on the cancel deletion option at the top of the page.
Log into your Facebook account and navigate to your business page. > Click Settings at the top right corner of the page. > Click Download Page in the left menu.> Select the data types that you want to download. > Click Create File. > You will receive a notification when your file is ready for download. You can then download it from your [Facebook Download Your Information] tool.