With at least half a billion tweets sent out each day, Twitter has emerged as one of the world’s main social channels for debate and discussion. Everyone on Twitter either provides their thoughts on a topic or their favorite tweets and links, or they follow and like what others contribute. If you don’t want to delete your Twitter account completely, you may choose to delete old Favorites, also known as “likes” regularly. In any case, the decision to undo a Twitter “like” is a common one. It’s simple and quick, and many people have done it. So, what if you want to start again with no likes? Let’s get started! There are several methods to delete all likes on Twitter.
Method #1: Manually Unliking All Likes
There are no options for users to mass delete all likes on Twitter. Twitter only offers the option of manually unliking all of your likes. It’s simple, but it’s time-consuming and tiresome. If they are countable, delete them manually. You can “unlike” something using your Android, PC, or iOS device.
Follow these instructions to dislike someone on Twitter using the mobile app:
- To use Twitter, tap the Twitter app icon.
- In the top left corner, tap your profile photo.
3. Choose “Profile” from the drop-down menu.
4. Go to your profile’s “Likes” tab.
5. All of the tweets you’ve liked since joining Twitter will be shown.
6. To delete each like on Twitter, tap the heart symbol.
To unlike on Twitter using the desktop version, follow these steps:
- Go to Twitter using your browser.
- Choose “Profile” from the left navigation menu.
3. Go to the “Likes” section.
4. To delete your likes, tap the heart icon.
Unfortunately, you can only delete the last 3200 likes on Twitter.
Method #2: Use Third-Party Software to Bulk Delete Likes
Although Twitter does not allow you to delete likes in bulk, third-party applications like Circleboom and Twitter archive eraser can help.
Circleboom allows you to unlike Tweets on Twitter in bulk. There are two versions: free and paid. You must visit the Circleboom website if you are using an Android phone or Laptop. There is an iOS app for Circleboom. It can be downloaded through the app store. Circleboom can be used in the following ways:
- Go to Circleboom’s website.
- Hover your cursor over the “Get Started” button.
- “Twitter Management” should be selected.
4. Fill out the form and press the “Create Account” button.
5. “Connect with Twitter” should be selected.
6. Choose “Authorize app” from the menu.
7. You will be sent to the Circleboom dashboard after clicking.
8. Click the “Unlike Your Likes” button in the dashboard.
9. You’ll be sent to a page that lists all of your likes in chronological order.
10. Choose all of the likes you wish to get rid of.
11. To delete the likes, click the “Unlike all” button.
The free version, on the other hand, limits you to 200 unlikes when bulk deleting likes. You might have to pay to get the limitation removed.
Twitter Archive Eraser
The Twitter archive eraser app lets you delete tweets in bulk, including older ones. Follow these instructions to mass delete Twitter likes with the app:
- On your device, install and activate the Twitter Archive Eraser app. Download the version that is suitable for your device.
2. To sign in, click the “Sign in” button.
3. Enter your Twitter login information and press the “Authorize app” button.
4. Choose “OK” after selecting “Complimentary features.”
5. Choose “OK” after clicking on “Delete Favorites.”
6. Go to Twitter using your browser.
7. Under the left menu, select the “More” button.
8. “Settings and Support” will be shown.
9. Click on “Privacy and settings.”
10. Choose “Download an archive of your data” from the drop-down menu.
11. Choose “Request Archive” from the drop-down menu.
12. Wait for Twitter to inform you when the archive is ready. It may take many days.
13. Return to the download section and press the “Download Archive” button.
14. Click “Download archive” next to the archive you want to save.
15. Use Twitter Archive Eraser to upload the obtained archive.
16. Choose the months to be deleted and then click “Next” at the bottom.
17. Choose “OK” after clicking on “Delete selected tweets.”
Sadly, using a Twitter archive eraser to delete likes is not free. You must have the Basic membership, which allows you to delete up to 2,000 likes every week. It only allows you to delete likes from the last two years. Upgrade to the Advanced or Premium versions as well. The Advanced edition allows for 5,000 unlikes in the last four years. Finally, the Premium edition lets you delete an infinite number of likes.
Method #3: “Delete” Codes
This may be a better option if you know how to code and write scripts. There are various hidden codes available online that can be used to delete likes in bulk. You can use these codes to quickly unlike all of your Twitter likes. These codes should be found on GitHub.
Commonly Asked Questions
Sure, however, a third-party service is required. Sadly, there is no official way for Twitter to do this action in mass. We’ve included the services we know are dependable and secure in this post. There are several things to be aware of if you use another third-party service. To begin, the service you choose will require full access to your Twitter account. For this reason, some third-party services should be avoided. Second, some services charge a price yet fail to delete all likes on Twitter. Before giving one of these websites access to all of your account information and/or paying for a service, it’s best to read the reviews and conduct some research.
Yes. If you delete your Twitter account permanently, all of your likes, Tweets, and followers will vanish. Twitter does indicate that after you delete your account, certain information may still be visible on third-party search services. However, keep in mind that Twitter takes thirty days to completely delete your account. This provides you the option to retrieve your account once it has been deleted. Finally, if you want to reactivate your account with the same username and email address, you should change it on the existing account first. To change your username or email address, you do not have to delete your account. However, if you delete it using the same email and username, you won’t be able to use those same credentials on the new account.
As previously stated, there are different methods and tricks for deleting all likes on your Twitter account. You can do it manually on Twitter or with third-party apps. Some of these tools are completely free. Others may require payment. However, keep in mind that some of these tools may endanger the security of your Twitter account. So, use them with caution.