Twitter released a new feature called Spaces that allows users to have live audio discussions. The feature was initially available for iOS and Android, and the company was considering incorporating it onto the web version of Twitter. The only difficulty that Twitter users are now experiencing is finding and utilizing Twitter Spaces. If you’re one of those people who hasn’t figured out how to find them yet, follow this guide! Twitter Spaces has brought live discussions to the platform, but many users are unfamiliar with the new feature. This post describes what Twitter Spaces are and how to find Twitter spaces. Furthermore, the guide has given an extensive detail on how users can control the presence and activity of their Spaces, as well as schedule the Spaces to enable optimal planning. Let’s get this party started!
What Are Twitter Spaces?
Twitter Spaces is a feature on Twitter that allows users to host and join audio-only chat rooms. It was launched in December 2020 and is similar to other audio-chat social media platforms like Clubhouse and Discord’s Stage Channels. Twitter Spaces allows users to create live audio rooms where they can speak, listen, and interact with their followers in real-time. These audio rooms can be public or private and can be accessed via a link shared on Twitter or through a user’s profile.
Users can also schedule and promote upcoming Spaces, invite participants, and control who can speak in the room. The feature is currently available to Twitter users with 600 or more followers on both iOS and Android platforms. Twitter has always been one of the most popular sites for trending topics and conversations, and the addition of Spaces was a better way to take conversations to the next level. If you have a pressing issue and want to include others in the discussion, Twitter lets you schedule Spaces ahead of time and plan for the conversation. Furthermore, after you’ve created the Space, you can invite co-speakers and other followers to join the conversation.
How to Find Twitter Spaces?
Twitter Spaces can be accessed through mobile devices running Android or iOS. If you want to host Twitter Spaces, you can do so by following the steps outlined below:
- Locate and open the Twitter app on your smartphone.
- Go to your account’s home page and click the blue plus (“+”) symbol.
- Choose the Spaces icon. It is represented by the audio icon.
- You will be sent to a tab where you can create your Space. Give your Space a name and include relevant topics. Also, if you want to record your Space, turn on the “Record Space” button.
- Choose “Start your Space” from the menu.
- If you want to invite a follower to the Space, go to the People tab and add them.
- By selecting the “Allow mic access” button, you can allow other speakers to talk as a host.
As a host, you can tweet your link to individuals or DM it to your fans, allowing them to continue the conversation.
Manage Your Presence and Activity in a Space
Twitter Spaces are open to the public, which means that anybody can join them, even if they are not in your following. Because the Spaces are public, even people within them will be visible to everyone in the Space. Furthermore, individuals who listen in on a chat but do not participate will be made public. As you start listening in a Space, you’ll see your profile icon has a purple pill next to it, indicating that you’re visible as public in the Space. But did you realize that you have control over who can view your Space activity? If you don’t want to be visible on Spaces anymore, you can manage your presence by following the easy steps outlined below:
- In the top of the screen, click the profile symbol.
- Choose “Settings and privacy” and then hit it.
- Locate and pick the “Privacy and Safety” option.
- Please go to the bottom and tap on the Spaces option.
- If you don’t want anyone to see your listening activities, uncheck the “Let followers to see which spaces you’re listening to” toggle.
How Can I Schedule a Space?
Twitter users can schedule a space up to 30 days in advance. Users can continue to hold prompt Spaces while scheduling for a Space. If you wish to schedule a Space and plan ahead of time, click on the scheduler icon and select a day and time before creating your Space. When you schedule a Space, Twitter reminds you by informing you of your upcoming Space. Nonetheless, if you want to edit a scheduled Space, the steps below will be useful:
- Tap the Spaces option after clicking the plus icon.
- At the top, select the scheduler icon.
- Your schedules Space will be indicated.
- Choose the “edit” option after clicking the more button on the Space you wish to edit.
- You can share or cancel the scheduled Space, then click the “Save changes” button.
Twitter Spaces vs Clubhouse – Which One is Better?
Twitter Spaces and Clubhouse are both audio-based social media platforms that allow users to host and participate in live conversations. While they have some similarities, there are also some differences to consider.
Here are some points to consider:
- Availability: Twitter Spaces is available to anyone with a Twitter account and a compatible device, while Clubhouse is currently only available on iOS and by invitation.
- User base: Twitter has a larger user base than Clubhouse, so there may be more potential participants in Twitter Spaces. However, Clubhouse has a more exclusive feel, as it requires an invitation to join.
- Features: Twitter Spaces offers some features that Clubhouse does not, such as the ability to schedule a space in advance, co-hosting with other users, and the option to record and save spaces. Clubhouse, on the other hand, has a more intuitive user interface and allows users to create private rooms.
- Moderation: Both platforms have moderation features, but Twitter Spaces has more robust moderation tools, including the ability to remove participants and mute or block users.
Ultimately, the “better” platform will depend on your individual preferences and needs. If you’re already an active Twitter user and want to engage with your followers in real-time audio conversations, Twitter Spaces may be the better option for you. If you’re looking for a more exclusive and intimate platform with a more streamlined user interface, Clubhouse may be the better choice.
Commonly Asked Questions
You can find Twitter Spaces in the Explore tab of the app. Just tap on the “Spaces” icon at the bottom of your screen and you’ll see all available spaces that you can join.
To create a Space, simply click or tap “Create Space” in the top right corner of your home timeline. Fill out the form with a title, subject, privacy setting and then invite up to 11 people to join.
Yes, when using Spaces be sure to follow their Community Guidelines. In addition,speak respectfully and mindfully, stay on topic when possible, respect everyone’s views, don’t share sensitive content or others’ personal information, and don’t post any illegal content.
Twitter Spaces is an excellent platform for users to participate in live audio conversations. The benefit of this feature is that users can add co-hosts and set their own rules for how the Space should operate. If you have never used the Space feature but want to, read this post for more information on how to find, use, and schedule Twitter Spaces.