Are you interested in dating on Facebook, but the service does not appear on the app? Don’t be concerned. The cause, whether it’s a bug or not, shouldn’t be too difficult to fix. You can get to the bottom of why this is happening by following these instructions. Furthermore, we may be able to help you in fixing the problem so that you can resume using Facebook dating.
How to use Facebook for dating
Facebook has evolved into more than simply a social media site. It has grown into an ever-expanding and diverse platform that offers a variety of communication and connection services. There’s the Facebook Marketplace, where you can buy and sell things. You can even post listings for properties for sale or rent there. Facebook has recently expanded its platform to include Facebook dating. If you’ve never used Dating on Facebook before, you might be wondering why it’s not showing up. Is there a separate Facebook dating app that you must install? If Facebook dating does not show in your app, it is most likely because the feature has been disabled on your account. Fortunately, the feature is simple to enable within the existing app. Follow the steps below:
- Launch Facebook on your device.
- From the top menu of the interface, select the horizontal lines icon.
- Click on the Dating (heart) icon.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to enable the service.
- Create a Facebook Dating profile.
Following that, you can begin searching and using Facebook dating. Simply click the heart icon that comes after tapping on the same menu (three horizontal lines) icon. This should take you right to the service, where you can begin looking for potential partners.
Why is Facebook dating not showing up?
Is Facebook dating not working despite having activated the feature? There are several possible explanations for this. To help you understand the issue, we’ll go over all of the causes below.
- You are not of legal drinking age to use the service. The dating feature on Facebook is only available to those above the age of 18. As a result, if you haven’t reached the age of 18, you won’t be allowed to create a Facebook-Dating account.
- Your device may be experiencing hardware or software issues. An error on the device might sometimes be the culprit. For example, your phone may be experiencing connectivity issues.
- Facebook notifications have been disabled on your phone. This might also explain why the “Facebook dating not showing up” issue persists. If you didn’t already know, you can change the notification settings for each app on your device.
- The cache on the mobile app is too large. The program may be hampered by an overloaded and/or corrupted cache. As a result, Facebook may have difficulty running its features smoothly.
- Your account may be too new or have a low status in the app. If your account was not temporarily banned, you might have deleted Facebook-Dating before and only recently returned. However, profile deletion results in a seven-day probation period. As a result, you will have to wait seven days for Facebook dating to become available again.
- It’s possible that Facebook dating is simply unavailable in your region. This is a likely explanation if you can’t even activate Facebook dating. After all, Facebook dating is not available in all countries. As a result, you’ll have to wait till Facebook implements it in your location. In such a situation, we recommend using one of the Dating on Facebook alternative apps.
4 fixes for Facebook dating not showing up
Now that you know what’s causing the problem, here are some solutions to consider:
Restart your device
Why doesn’t Facebook work when you want to use it for dating? A simple restart, like with other software difficulties, might perhaps resolve this issue. This is due to the fact that doing so resets the phone’s settings, RAM, and consumption. It will refresh the device, eliminate problems, and re-establish connections. Simply hit the power button to restart or reboot an Android device. Hold it for a few seconds till you see a selection. After that, press the Restart button and wait for the device to restart. If you’re using iOS, you may hold down the home and power buttons at the same time. This should automatically restart the iPhone. Alternatively, you can hold down the power button. After that, use the on-screen slider to switch off the device. Once the phone has been turned off, press and hold the power button again until it turns on; once your device has started, you can check to see whether the feature is still not showing up. If this is the case, we recommend attempting the next patch.
Check if Facebook is unavailable
If Facebook dating does not appear despite the reboot, the issue may not be on your end. It’s possible that the problem is on Facebook’s end. If this is the case, we recommend investigating whether Facebook’s platform is experiencing issues. You can simply find out by searching Twitter for the hashtag #facebookdown and seeing whether it is trending. If people are posting about it, the problem is most likely that Facebook’s servers are down. If Facebook is genuinely down, you won’t be able to connect to Facebook dating. You’ll have to wait till Meta fixes the problem. To find out if the wait is finally over, follow the Twitter hashtag.
Check your Wi-Fi network
Check your network if Facebook dating is still not showing up, but the website is not down. It’s possible that you’re experiencing trouble connecting to Wi-Fi. Something may be wrong with your router as well. There are several things you may take to investigate this issue. To begin, switch off your router for five minutes to allow it to cool down. After that, restart it and check to see whether your network is still having problems. If you’re using a phone, try putting it on Airplane Mode for five seconds. The option will be accessible via the phone’s control panel. To access it, just slide down from the top (Android) or top-right (iOS). Tap the Airplane icon and hold it down for five seconds. Check your connection by tapping the Airplane icon again. If none of these work, we consider using mobile data and unplugging it from Wi-Fi. If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) isn’t offering a fast enough connection, this might address the problem. You can also call your ISP if they are the source of your network connection problems.
Using an older version of the program might possibly be the cause of the dating not showing. Check and update your app to ensure that it has all of the necessary bug fixes. Open the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store to update Facebook (Android). Then, in the search field, type “Facebook” and pick the appropriate app. The presence of the Update button on this page indicates the presence of an update. If you don’t want to manually update Facebook, you can enable automatic updates for your device. Whatever option you select, Facebook should update at the end of this process. If the dating is still not showing up, move on to the next suggestion.
dating on Facebook is one of the most significant changes to the platform. Meta made a wise decision because Facebook already has a large foot traffic. As a result, the barrier to entry for online dating is substantially lower. Simply enable Facebook dating and begin browsing. However, when the dating feature does not show, it can be annoying. Fortunately, there are several solutions to the problem, so it shouldn’t be an issue for long.