Since Facebook bought Instagram, the two have been linked to help one other in a variety of ways. One good aspect of Facebook and Instagram is that they complement each other by allowing individuals to share Instagram images straight with Facebook. In theory, you can share Instagram images directly to Facebook. In reality, the option is still a little unstable at times, but it is improving. If you see the following error “Instagram Share to Facebook Stopped Working” a lot, consider the below solutions.
Even before Facebook purchased Instagram, you could link your Facebook and Instagram accounts. Nevertheless, the acquisition changed the system behind the scenes, and the formerly reliable feature now appears unstable. Still, the integrations appear to be improving with time. The issue might manifest itself in two ways. The first mistake indicates that the image was successfully shared but never displayed on Facebook. The other issue does not indicate that you attempted to share anything with the other platform. You’ll connect Instagram and Facebook from Instagram for personal accounts. That is also true if you have a business Facebook Page; you must provide Instagram access to share your Instagram posts to your Facebook feed.
Instagram Share to Facebook Stopped Working
When you share something from Instagram, you’ll receive a confirmation message that says, “Your post was successfully shared,” It will show on your Facebook profile. Sometimes you get that message, and nothing occurs on Facebook, and other times nothing happens at all. In any case, here are some solutions. Step by step, try each process until the problem is resolved.
Fix “Instagram Share to Facebook Stopped Working” on Android/iPhone
- Log out of Instagram and Facebook, then re-enter both. This simple solution often fixes all kinds of issues with the apps independently but can also resolve integration issues.
- Look into the link between Facebook and Instagram. Launch the Instagram app on your device and tap the “profile icon” in the lower right corner.
3. In the top right-hand corner, tap the “hamburger icon” (three horizontal lines).
4. Choose “Settings” from your profile menu.
5. Choose “Accounts Center.”
6. After that, select “Accounts & Profiles.”
7. Check to see whether your Facebook account is listed.
8. You might be asked to log into Facebook and check the link from there. When you first see Facebook in the Linked Accounts list, make sure it’s blue with the logo next to it and your name associated with your account.
9. You should be able to log in from Instagram by tapping “Login” on Facebook.
10. If the previous step does not work, try resetting the link to make sure Facebook is properly authenticated and linked to your Instagram account. Go to the “Accounts Center.”
11. Choose “Facebook account.”
12. Tap “Remove from Accounts Center.” This will link or relink your Facebook account to your Instagram account, allowing you to post Instagram images on Facebook.
13. Reboot your phone.
14. Relink your Facebook and Instagram accounts. Go to your “Instagram profile,” then to the “hamburger icon,” and finally to “Settings -> Accounts center -> Accounts & profiles -> Add accounts -> Facebook.”
15. If sharing from Instagram to Facebook continues to fail, delete the app cache on both applications.
Clearing app cache on Android to fix sharing problems
If you’re still having problems posting from Instagram to Facebook on Android, the final thing to try is emptying the app cache. This method can be used to tackle problems unrelated to Facebook or Instagram.
Follow these steps for Facebook and Instagram individually on Android.
- Choose “Settings.”
2. Choose “Apps.”
3. Choose either “Facebook” or “Instagram.”
4. Choose “Storage.”
5. Lastly, click the “Clear Cache” button.
Clearing app cache on iOS/iPhone to fix sharing problems
With iOS/iPhone, there is no way to clear app cache. To clear them, you must reinstall the apps.
Uninstalling Instagram and Facebook on iOS clears the app cache for both. For both platforms, follow the steps below.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Choose “General.”
- Choose “iPhone Storage.”
- Choose either “Instagram” or “Facebook.”
- Choose “Delete App.”
- From the App Store, reinstall “Instagram” or “Facebook.”
Facebook pages: Instagram share to Facebook stopped working
If you’ve linked Instagram to your Facebook account but are having trouble getting it to post to your Facebook Pages (personal or business), ensure you’ve granted Instagram permission. Rather than changing settings on Instagram, as you do when shares do not post to your Facebook page, you change Facebook settings to link to Instagram.
Connecting Instagram account to Facebook page on Windows or Mac
Because you use any web browser, the functionality is the same regardless of the device. If you prefer, you can use your mobile browser.
- Allow Instagram to post to your Facebook Page. Click “Settings” at the bottom left of your Facebook Page on your laptop or desktop using a web browser (not your Facebook profile).
- Under “Page Settings,” choose “Instagram.”
- On the right side of the page, click “Connect Account.”
- Lastly, enter your Instagram “username” and “password” and press “Login.”
The steps outlined above guarantee that Instagram is allowed to post to your Facebook Page (s).
Commonly Asked Questions
The “Instagram Share to Facebook Stopped Working” issue can arise due to multiple reasons, such as outdated app versions, connectivity errors, or changes to the Facebook API. To fix it, try updating both apps, checking internet connectivity, unlinking and relinking the accounts, or reinstalling the apps.
Absolutely! Toggle the button next to Post to Facebook when you upload your Video. If you’ve already uploaded the Reel, hit the three-dot icon and choose the Facebook option.
If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting Instagram’s support team for further assistance. You can also try posting your content directly on Facebook instead of sharing it from Instagram.
Yes, you can try the following steps:
Clear the cache and data of both the Instagram and Facebook apps.
Check if the Instagram and Facebook apps are up-to-date.
Ensure that your device is running the latest version of its operating system.
Make sure that your internet connection is stable and strong.
Check if there are any known issues with Instagram or Facebook by checking their official social media accounts or websites.
Yes, you can still share your Instagram posts to Facebook by manually posting the content on Facebook. To do this, simply save the photo or video from Instagram to your device and then upload it to Facebook.
When it comes to sharing content, Instagram and Facebook don’t always get along. This scenario, however, is not necessarily app-based, but it may be. Cached data can become corrupt or communicate incorrect information, causing issues when sharing Instagram to Facebook. Maybe it’s a problem with the device. In either instance, the solutions provided above should resolve the “Instagram Share to Facebook Stopped Working” issue, whether it is sharing to your Facebook profile or your Facebook Page.