Even if you do not use social media, it is nice to receive updates on your account. This way, you won’t miss out on the latest global trends and occurrences. Furthermore, receiving notifications whenever you get a direct message is critical. Unfortunately, if your Twitter notifications aren’t working, it can be a problem, especially if you rely on them for day-to-day tasks. In most cases, improper device settings are to blame, but other factors, such as an unstable network connection, third-party applications, and faulty servers, should also be considered. We decided to create a simple guide to fix Twitter notifications not working on your device because there are so many factors to consider. To begin, check the status of Twitter’s servers, as the issue could be that their servers are unavailable. If Twitter’s servers are operational, the issue could be with your device. Go down below and try the methods listed.
1. Check the Notification Settings on Twitter
The first thing you should look for is a Twitter notification. You may have changed some of your settings, causing notifications to fail to show up. You can check Twitter notifications on Android by doing the following:
- To begin, open Twitter from your home screen and navigate to its side drawer.
- Then tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Tap Notifications to open Push Notifications.
- Finally, turn on the Push Notifications switch in the upper right corner of your screen.
If you aren’t receiving a specific notification, make sure to enable individual notifications according to your preferences. Follow the instructions below to activate Twitter notifications on iOS devices.
- Open Twitter and navigate to the side menu from your home screen.
- Then, select Settings and Privacy.
- Now, navigate to the Notifications menu and select Push Notifications.
- Finally, ensure that your account’s notifications are enabled.
Individual notifications can also be enabled or disabled based on your preferences.
2. Disable Do Not Disturb and Silent Mode
Most devices now have a silent mode or a ‘Do Not Disturb’ feature that allows you to disable all notifications. This is useful if you are in a meeting, watching a movie, or trying to sleep without being disturbed. To disable do not disturb and silent mode on Android, follow the steps below.
- To begin, swipe down from the top of your screen to reveal the Quick Access Menu.
- Then, find the Do Not Disturb shortcut key and make sure it is turned off.
- Finally, hold down the Volume Up button on your device to disable Silent Mode.
If you’re using an iOS device, follow the steps below to get started.
- Access the Control Center on your device and look for the Do Not Disturb button, which has a crescent moon logo.
- Then, tap Do Not Disturb and ensure that it is turned off.
- Lastly, to turn off Silent Mode, toggle the dedicated ringer switch on your iOS device.
After you’ve disabled Do Not Disturb and Silent Mode, ask a friend to send you a direct message or mention you in a tweet to see if you’ll receive a notification.
3. Check Your Device’s Notification Settings
If your Twitter notifications are still not working, try going to your device’s notification settings. On your system, the Twitter app may not have the necessary permissions to send push notifications. On Android, follow the instructions below to activate notifications for the Twitter app.
- To begin, launch the Settings app from your home screen.
- Now, inside your device’s settings, tap on Notifications.
- Then, from the list of applications, choose Twitter.
- Finally, tap the toggle switch next to Twitter to enable notifications.
If you have an iOS device, follow the instructions below to enable Twitter to send push notifications.
- Tap Settings to launch it from your home screen.
- Then, choose Notifications.
- Scroll down and choose Twitter.
- Finally, ensure that the app’s notifications are enabled.
When you’re finished, ask your friends to mention you in their tweets or send you a direct message to check if you’ll receive notifications.
4. Check for Updates
The version of Twitter you’re using may have a problem with push notifications. To resolve this, try updating the app, as its developers may have released a patch to fix the issue. You can update Twitter on Android by following the steps below.
- To begin, open Google Play Store and select the Menu option from the search bar.
- Then, select My Apps & Games to check for possible updates.
- Finally, click Update to install the most recent version of Twitter.
You can update Twitter on iOS by doing the following:
- Tap the App Store to open it from your home screen.
- Then, from the bottom navigation bar, tap on the Updates tab to prompt your device to check for updates.
- Finally, tap the Update button next to Twitter to download the most recent version.
After you’ve updated Twitter, ask your friends to mention you again in their tweets to see if you’ll get a notification.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet Connection
If you don’t have a stable internet connection, the Twitter app won’t fetch updates from its servers, which explains why you’re not receiving notifications. To check the status of your network, use Fast.com to measure your current speed bandwidth. If the results show that your internet connection is slow, try turning off your router for 5 to 10 seconds and then restarting it. After that, run another speed test to ensure that your network is now operational. If you continue to have network problems, contact your service provider right away.
Twitter notifications not working can be very annoying and can cause you to fall behind from your online activities, especially if you are a very active user. To help fix this problem, we discussed five great ways you can try. Hope you found this post useful.