I know most of you spend a lot of time scrolling through YouTube videos. And you know how annoying those ads can be. Just imagine when you’re watching your favorite video and right when it’s about to get really good, an ad shows up and interrupts the exciting part. Ugh, it’s so frustrating. That’s why people like me start using YouTube Premium. It gives you a lot of benefits like no ads, being able to listen to songs, playing videos in the background, and more. But for those who want to enjoy these features of YouTube Premium for free, stick with us and keep scrolling to learn some amazing tricks to get a free subscription to YouTube Premium.
YouTube Free VS YouTube Premium
|Features||YouTube Free||YouTube Premium|
|Ad-supported||Displays ads before, during, and after videos, and banner ads||Ad-free experience|
|Offline access||Limited offline access for certain videos and limited time||Unlimited offline access|
|Background playback||Video playback stops when the app is exited or device is locked||Background playback while using other apps or when locked|
|YouTube Originals||No access to exclusive YouTube series and movies||Access to exclusive YouTube Originals content|
|YouTube Music Premium||No access to YouTube Music Premium||Access to YouTube Music Premium features (ad-free, background playback, offline listening)|
|YouTube Kids||No access to YouTube Kids||Access to YouTube Kids app with child-friendly content|
YouTube Free is the basic version of YouTube that anyone can use for free. It lets you watch all the videos and channels on the platform, but it has some restrictions. For instance, you’ll see ads before and during videos, and you can’t download videos to watch offline. Moreover, you can’t play YouTube videos or listen to YouTube Music in the background or when your screen is off. On the other hand, YouTube Premium is a paid subscription that gives you an ad-free experience and removes all the limitations of YouTube Free.
Additionally, YouTube Premium includes YouTube Music Premium, which lets you listen to lots of songs and playlists. With YouTube Music Premium, you can enjoy music without an internet connection, while doing other things on your device, or even when your screen is off. Plus, there won’t be any ads interrupting your music experience. Whether or not YouTube Premium is worth paying for depends on how much you use YouTube and how important it is to you to have an ad-free premium experience.
How to Get YouTube Premium for Free?
Getting a premium membership for YouTube can definitely make a difference in your YouTube experience. And here’s something important to know: you can actually upgrade from YouTube Free to YouTube Premium without having to pay anything.
Method 1: YouTube 30-Day Free Trial for YouTube Music Premium
If you’re not sure about committing to YouTube Premium, you can take advantage of the YouTube Premium free trial for 30 days. This trial allows you to access all the features of YouTube Premium for free. Here’s how you can sign up for the 1-month free trial:
- Create a free Gmail account on Google.com.
- On your computer, open the Chrome browser and visit the youtube.com/premium page.
- Look for the “Try It Free” offer and click on it.
- Follow the instructions to provide your payment information and activate the free trial. Make sure to enter your correct billing details.
- If you’re using a mobile phone, open the YouTube app, go to your profile, and select “Purchases and Membership”. Choose a membership plan that suits you. Remember to cancel the Premium membership before the trial ends to avoid being charged.
It’s important to note that this method allows you to enjoy YouTube Premium for free only during the trial period.
Method 2: Join the YouTube Premium Referral Program
Another way to get YouTube Premium for a reduced price is by participating in the YouTube Premium Referral Program. Here’s how it works:
- If you have a friend who is already a YouTube Premium subscriber, they can refer you to join the program.
- As a referred friend, you’ll have the opportunity to get 3 months of YouTube Premium for only $0.99, which is almost free.
- After the initial three months, if you decide to continue your YouTube Premium subscription, you will be charged $11.99 per month starting from the fourth month.
Please note that the availability of the program may vary depending on your country, and Google can make changes to the program. To qualify for the program, you need to have a Google or YouTube account, not currently or previously be subscribed to YouTube Premium, and meet YouTube’s Paid Terms of Service.
Method 3: Get a Free 6-Month YouTube Premium Membership from Flipkart Plus
If you’re looking for a longer free trial of YouTube Premium, you can get a 6-month trial by using 1 SuperCoin as a Flipkart Plus subscriber. Here’s how you can avail this offer:
- Log in to Flipkart using your Flipkart Plus account and go to the ‘Flipkart Zone’.
- Find the “Claim Exclusive Reward” page and select the YouTube Premium reward. You’ll be provided with a special coupon code, so make sure to copy it.
- Click on the “YouTube Premium Free Subscription” link to redeem the offer.
- Enter the activation code you received and click on “Try it Free”.
- To activate the free trial, you’ll need to provide your credit card information. A test amount of 1 SuperCoin will be billed to your card. Once that’s done, you’ll have access to all the features of YouTube Premium for the next 6 months.
It’s important to note that if you’re already an active YouTube Premium user or have previously availed a YouTube Premium trial, this offer won’t be applicable to you.
How to Download YouTube Videos without Premium?
If you want to download and save YouTube videos even after your YouTube Premium free trial ends, you can use Noteburner YouTube Video Downloader. Here’s how it works:
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to download.
- Open the Noteburner YouTube Video Downloader.
- Paste the YouTube URL into the downloader.
- Click on the download button to export the video to your computer.
This way, you can save the YouTube video and watch it offline whenever you want, without the need for YouTube Premium.
How to Download YouTube Music without Premium?
If you want to keep your favorite YouTube Music tracks forever, you can use KeepMusic YouTube Music Converter. It’s a reliable tool that allows both YouTube Free and Premium users to convert YouTube Music into different audio formats like MP3, AAC, ALAC, WAV, FLAC, and AIFF. Here’s how you can download YouTube Music without Premium:
- Download and open KeepMusic YouTube Music Converter on your computer.
- Sign in to your YouTube Music account (Free, Premium, or Family) within the converter.
- In the “Settings” section, choose MP3 as the output format. You can also adjust the bit rate, sample rate, and output folder according to your preference.
- Find the YouTube Music songs you want to download in the music library and click the “Add” button. Select the specific music files you want to convert from the list.
- Click on the “Convert” button to start the download process, which will convert YouTube Music to MP3.
- Once the conversion is complete, you can find the downloaded MP3 files in the “Converted” menu. By clicking on the folder icon next to the completed songs, you can easily locate the MP3 tracks saved on your computer.
With KeepMusic YouTube Music Converter, you can enjoy your downloaded YouTube Music tracks without the need for YouTube Premium, and you can keep them forever even if you later cancel your YouTube Premium free trial.
What to do if the free trial for YouTube Premium is not available?
If the free trial for YouTube Premium is not available, there are a few options you can consider:
- Student Plan: YouTube offers a special Student Plan for eligible students. This plan includes a one-month free trial followed by a discounted monthly fee. To be eligible, you generally need a valid .edu email address. You can sign up for the Student Plan and enjoy the benefits of YouTube Premium at a reduced cost.
- Family Plan: If you have a family and multiple members who would like to use YouTube Premium, you can consider subscribing to the Family Plan. This plan allows up to 6 family members to access YouTube Premium features. While it may not have a free trial, the Family Plan offers a cost-effective option to share the benefits of YouTube Premium among family members.
- Explore Other Alternatives: If YouTube Premium is not feasible for you at the moment, you can explore other options to enhance your YouTube experience. For example, you can use YouTube’s free features, such as ad-supported videos and playlists. Additionally, you can check if there are any limited-time promotions or discounts available for YouTube Premium in the future.
Remember, the availability of free trials and plans may vary depending on your location and specific circumstances. It’s always a good idea to check the official YouTube website or contact their customer support for the most up-to-date information and available options.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium Subscription?
To cancel your YouTube Premium subscription, follow these steps:
- Visit YouTube.com or open the YouTube app.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Select the “Paid memberships” option from the drop-down menu.
- Locate your YouTube Premium subscription and choose the option to cancel.
How to Make the Most of Your YouTube Premium Free Trial?
To maximize the benefits of your YouTube Premium free trial, it is recommended to convert your favorite YouTube videos and music into common file formats and save them on a device outside of the YouTube platform, such as a PC. This way, even if your premium membership ends, you will still have access to your downloaded YouTube content.
In conclusion, while YouTube Premium is a paid subscription, there are ways to enjoy its features for free. You can take advantage of the 30-day free trial, join the referral program, or avail yourself of special offers like the 6-month trial from Flipkart Plus. Additionally, you can download YouTube videos and music using third-party tools to enjoy them offline even after your free trial ends. However, if none of these options are available to you, there are alternative plans, such as the Student Plan or Family Plan, which provide cost-effective ways to access YouTube Premium features. Remember to stay updated on the latest offers and promotions from YouTube to make the most of your experience. Stay up to date with the latest news and updates about social media by subscribing to our newsletter.