Facebook has been working on various ways to improve its users’ mental health for quite some time. First, the company launched the Take a Break feature on Facebook, which allows you to block people with whom you don’t want to interact. And now, the company has made the option to hide like counts on Facebook available to all users worldwide. You can hide likes on your posts and disable like counts for all other people’s posts in your Facebook newsfeed. According to experts, this can have a positive impact on users, so Facebook has made this option available to them. So, if you want to learn how to hide Facebook like counts, carefully follow our tutorial below.
This article contains three methods for hiding Facebook likes. We’ll go over how to make your Facebook likes private using the Android and iOS apps, the website, and an extension. You can move to any section by expanding the table below.
Hide Facebook like counts with an Android/iOS mobile app
Follow the steps below to hide like counts on Facebook if you are using the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Check that you have the most recent version of the Facebook app from the Play Store or App Store. For this tutorial, I’m using the Android app, but the steps are the same for iOS users.
- Navigate to the hamburger menu in the top-right corner of the Facebook app (at the bottom right on iPhone). Scroll down to find and expand the “Settings & Privacy” menu. Then, tap “Settings.”
- Then, in the “Preferences” section, select “Reaction Preferences.”
- Finally, under the “Hide number of reactions” section, enable the toggle for “On your posts.” It will hide all of your Facebook like counts. Turn on the toggle for “On posts from others” if you want to disable like counts from other people’s posts.
That’s all. You have successfully disabled Facebook likes on your posts. It should be noted that reaction counts will continue to appear on Reels and Facebook Marketplace posts.
Disable Facebook Like Counts on the website
This tutorial will show you how to disable the display of likes on the Facebook website if you use a desktop web browser to access Facebook. The steps that each of you must take are outlined below.
- Launch Facebook (website link) and select the arrow icon in the upper-right corner. Then, select “Settings & privacy.”
- Now, select “News Feed Preferences.”
- Scroll down and click on “Reaction preferences” on the page that opens.
- Enable the “On your posts” and “On posts from others” toggles. It will hide likes for all of your and others’ Facebook posts.
Hide like counts on Facebook using an Extension
If the settings page for hiding like counts on your Facebook account is not yet available, you can install an extension or add-on on your computer’s browser. Simply follow the steps outlined below.
- Install the Hide Likes extension if you use Chrome or Microsoft Edge (Free). Install this add-on in your browser if you use Firefox (Free). The best feature of this extension is that it hides Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube likes.
- You are no longer required to do anything. Simply open the Facebook website, and the like counts for all posts in your newsfeed will be removed. Keep in mind, however, that others will still be able to see the number of likes on your posts. So, to hide likes on Facebook, it’s better to use the social media platform’s built-in feature.
How to Hide Facebook Page Likes
Aside from user posts, Facebook allows you to hide likes for specific page categories. This includes, among other things, restaurants, movies, music, sports teams, food, and clothing. Page likes are set to public by default, so anyone can see when you like your favorite k-pop band, football team, or obscure clothing brand that you don’t want others to know about (but they do).
So, to change who can see your Page categories audience and hide Page likes from others on Facebook, follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook.com and navigate to your profile by clicking on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Then, from the menu bar beneath your profile name, select “More.” Choose “Likes” from the list of available options.
- Click the ellipsis (three dots) icon next to the “Likes” heading on the next page.
- Then, choose “Edit the Privacy of Your Likes.”
- Then, next to the Page category whose audience settings you want to change, click the globe icon.
- Finally, choose the level of privacy you want for your Facebook Page likes. If you don’t want other Facebook users to see what music pages you like, hide them by selecting the “Only Me” option. Other options include Public, Friends, Friends except for acquaintances, and a Custom List.
- Once you’ve made the necessary changes, click “Close.” That’s the end of it. Other Facebook users will no longer see your page likes in their newsfeeds.
So, regardless of whether you’re using the mobile app or a web browser on your PC, you can hide like counts on Facebook. I’ve also included instructions for hiding likes with an extension if the settings page does not appear on your account. You can also choose to hide Page likes, as we discussed above. That’s all we have for now. Go to the linked article to learn how to block or unblock someone on Facebook. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.