If you use Twitter, one of the pieces of information thieves may use to get your private information is your birthdate. Displaying your birthday on social media is usually not a problem. But, as cases of breach of privacy and identity theft increase, more people are looking for new solutions to secure their personal information. Twitter makes it simple to hide your birthday for personal reasons. Continue reading to find out how to hide your birthday on Twitter, remove it, or choose who can see your birthday on Twitter.
Overview of Twitter Birthday Hiding
While signing up for most social media sites, including Twitter, personal details such as birthdays are required. Twitter uses age information to control your access to content, including targeted ads. However, scammers may use social media apps like Twitter to gather personal information and jeopardize security. For example, those who use their birth years as PINs risk having their accounts compromised. Following that, we’ll go over exactly how to hide your birthday on Twitter.
Hiding Your Birthday on Twitter: Step-by-Step Guide
Hide your birthday from the Twitter app with a few simple steps. Here’s how to go about it.
- Access your Twitter account.
- At the top-right corner of the screen, select Edit Profile.
3. Scroll down until you see the option for Birthday or Date of Birth. Tap on it to activate it.
4. Enter your birthday information. Scroll down if the birth date is already displayed.
5. You will see ‘Who can see this?’
6. Under Who can see this? There are two options: Month and day and Year
7. Choose “Just You” from the list of options that displays after clicking on Month and Day.
8. Next, pick Just You from the list of options that comes after clicking on Year.
9. Click on Save in the upper right area of your screen to save changes.
Birthday hiding in the browser version isn’t all that different. With a few exceptions, it’s largely the same steps as shown above. The third step is optional, and on the fifth step, instead of selecting this choice, you must click the Edit button.
Removing Your Birthday on Twitter: Step-by-Step Guide
Follow the instructions below if you choose to remove your birthday from Twitter.
- Access your Twitter account.
- Next, in the top-right corner, select the Edit Profile button.
3. Next, scroll down and select the Birthday or Date of Birth option.
4. Choose the Remove Birth Date option (Highlighted in red).
5. A confirmation dialog box will display. Tap on Yes or Remove to confirm.
6. Lastly, in the top-right corner of your screen, click the Save button to apply the changes.
Other Birthday Privacy Options on Twitter
If you choose to keep your birthday visible on Twitter, you can choose who sees it by picking one of the custom options provided. If you select the public option under who can view your birthday on Twitter, your birthday will be visible to everyone, even non-followers. If you are concerned about the security of your personal information, this is the least secure choice because it exposes your birthday to any Twitter user.
Your Followers – When you pick this option, your birthday will only be visible to your Twitter followers.
People You Follow – If you select this option, the people you follow on Twitter will be able to see your birthday.
You Follow Each Other – This option allows those who follow you to see your birthday if you follow them back.
Only You – As the name implies, if you pick this option, your birthday will be visible only to you.
Frequently asked questions
There could be several reasons why you might want to hide your birthday on Twitter. For example, you may not want to share personal information with strangers on the internet, or you may want to protect yourself from identity theft or other online scams.
No, hiding your birthday on Twitter will not affect your account in any way. Your followers will still be able to see your profile and interact with you as usual.
Yes, you can still receive birthday wishes from your followers if you hide your birthday on Twitter. However, they will not be able to see your birth date on your profile.
Twitter does not disclose the exact number of times you can change your birth date on the platform. However, it is important to note that you can only change your birth date a limited number of times, and once you reach the limit, you will not be able to change it again. So, it is recommended that you choose your birth date carefully and only change it if it is absolutely necessary.
Twitter has grown in popularity as a social media platform many people use to stay in touch with friends and family. Sharing parts of your life with people on Twitter might be entertaining, but you may not always want everyone to know your exact birthday. We’ve described a few ways to hide your birthday on Twitter so that it’s not visible to all your followers.