Imagine you just returned from an exciting vacation with your family. You’ve captured some amazing photos and want to share them with your friends on Facebook. You create a post with a family selfie, a funny cat video you found, and an informative graphic about the vacation spot. One of your close friends, Sarah, sees your post and thinks it’s fantastic. She believes that her friends would also enjoy seeing your pictures and learning about the vacation spot. Sarah wants to share your post on her own Facebook profile, so that her friends can see it too. However, when Sarah tries to share your post, she realizes that the option to share it isn’t available. The post is only visible to your friends and not to the wider Facebook community. Sarah wants to help you reach a larger audience, but she can’t do it without making the post shareable.
In this situation, you might want to make your post shareable on Facebook. By doing so, you give permission to Sarah, as well as others, to share your post on their own profiles. This means that your post can travel beyond your immediate circle of friends and potentially reach a much larger audience. This increased visibility could lead to more people liking, commenting on, and engaging with your post.
To make your post shareable, you can adjust the visibility settings on Facebook. This way, not only will your friends be able to enjoy your vacation memories, but others who come across the shared post as well. Let’s find out how to make a post shareable on Facebook.
What Are the Advantages of Making a Post Shareable on Facebook?
|Advantages||How it Helps|
|Increased Reach||Making a post shareable allows it to be shared by friends or followers, expanding its reach beyond the immediate audience and potentially reaching a larger number of people.|
|Viral Potential||Shareable posts have the ability to go viral if they resonate with people and are deemed interesting or valuable. This can lead to a significant increase in the visibility and exposure of the content as more people share it with others.|
|Amplified Engagement||Allowing others to share a post invites them to engage with the content, express their opinions, thoughts, or reactions. This can generate more comments, likes, and other forms of engagement, fostering a sense of community around the post and increasing its overall visibility.|
|Enhanced Brand Awareness||Shareable posts can increase brand awareness by exposing the content to the networks of friends or followers who may not be familiar with the brand. This expands the brand’s reach and recognition.|
|Traffic Generation||Shareable posts can drive traffic to websites, blogs, or other online platforms. When people share a post, they may include a link back to the website or a specific landing page, directing their connections to visit the site. This can result in increased website traffic and potentially lead to conversions, such as sales or sign-ups.|
|Social Proof||When a post is shared by others, it creates a sense of social proof. Content shared by friends or connections is more likely to be trusted and engaged with by others. Shareable posts help establish credibility and increase the perceived value of the content.|
|Data Collection||Shareable posts provide valuable data and insights. Monitoring the engagement and sharing patterns of posts can offer insights into the type of content that resonates most with the audience, informing future content strategy and marketing efforts.|
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook?
To make a post shareable on Facebook, you can choose who can see it by adjusting the audience visibility settings. Here are the steps:
Step 1: When you share a post, look for the three dots on the top right corner of the post.
Step 2: Click on the dots and select “Edit audience” from the menu that appears.
Step 3: A window will open where you can choose who can view your post. The options include:
- Public: Anyone, even people who are not on Facebook, can see your post.
- Friends: Only your Facebook friends can see the post.
- Friends except: You can exclude specific friends from seeing the post.
- Specific friends: You can choose only certain friends who can see the post.
- Only me: The post will be visible only to you.
- Custom: You can customize the visibility settings by including or excluding specific friends or lists.
Step 4: To make your post shareable, select the “Public” option. This allows anyone on or off Facebook to see your post, making it the most visible and shareable.
Step 5: Once you’ve selected the “Public” option, click “Done” to save the new visibility settings.
By making your post shareable, if one of your friends shares it, their friends and followers will also be able to see and share it. Keep in mind that if you choose any other visibility option, your post may not be as visible to all audiences, and it may not display fully on other users’ feeds.
That’s how you can make your post shareable on Facebook by adjusting the audience visibility settings.
How to Encourage Your Audience to Share Your Facebook Posts?
1. Craft Engaging and Share-Worthy Content
The first step towards making your posts shareable on Facebook is to create compelling and valuable content that resonates with your audience. Consider the following tips:
- Know Your Audience: Understand the interests, preferences, and needs of your target audience. Tailor your content accordingly to ensure it is relevant and engaging to them.
- Use Captivating Headlines: Grab attention with attention-grabbing headlines that pique curiosity or offer a clear benefit. A well-crafted headline can significantly increase the likelihood of your post being shared.
- Include High-Quality Visuals: Incorporate eye-catching images, videos, or infographics that enhance the visual appeal of your post. Compelling visuals make your content more shareable and attention-grabbing.
- Deliver Value: Provide valuable information, insights, tips, or entertainment through your posts. When people find your content helpful or enjoyable, they are more likely to share it with others.
2. Optimize Post Formatting
Formatting your Facebook posts in an optimized manner can make them more appealing and shareable. Consider these formatting tips:
- Keep it Concise: Capture attention with concise and to-the-point posts. Long, wordy posts may discourage users from reading and sharing them.
- Use Bulleted Lists or Subheadings: Break down your content into easily scannable sections using bullet points or subheadings. This makes it more digestible and shareable.
- Utilize Emojis and Symbols: Emojis and symbols can add personality and visual appeal to your posts. They catch the eye and make your content more engaging.
- Include Call-to-Action (CTA): Encourage users to share your post by adding a clear and compelling call-to-action. For example, ask users to “Share if you agree” or “Tag a friend who needs to see this.”
3. Enable Public Sharing
To ensure that your posts can be shared by others, it’s essential to check and adjust your privacy settings accordingly. Follow these steps:
- Privacy Settings: Click on the inverted triangle icon in the top right corner of your Facebook page, select “Settings & Privacy,” and then click on “Settings.”
- Privacy Shortcuts: In the left-hand menu, click on “Privacy Shortcuts” and then select “Privacy Checkup.”
- Share Settings: Review your share settings and make sure they are set to “Public” or “Friends” (if you want to limit sharing to your friends only). Avoid setting posts to “Only Me” if your goal is to maximize sharing.
- Individual Post Privacy: While creating a post, you can also adjust the privacy settings for that specific post. Make sure you select “Public” or the desired audience to allow others to share it.
4. Encourage Engagement and Interactions
Engagement is key to making your posts more shareable on Facebook. When users interact with your content, such as liking, commenting, or tagging friends, it increases the visibility and potential for sharing. Consider these strategies:
- Ask Questions: Pose thought-provoking questions related to your post to encourage users to comment and share their opinions.
- Spark Conversations: Create content that stimulates conversations and discussions. When users engage in meaningful discussions on your post, it attracts more attention and potential shares.
- Respond Promptly: Be responsive to comments on your posts. Engaging with your audience shows that you value their input and encourages further interactions.
- Run Contests or Giveaways: Organize contests or giveaways that require users to share your post to participate. This can significantly boost the shareability of your content.
5. Promote Your Post
To amplify the reach and shareability of your Facebook post, consider promoting it through paid advertising. Here are a few options:
- Boost Post: Facebook offers a “Boost Post” feature that allows you to advertise your post to a wider audience. By targeting specific demographics or interests, you can increase engagement and sharing.
- Facebook Ads: Create targeted Facebook ads that promote your post to a specific audience segment. This can help increase visibility and encourage more shares.
- Collaborate with Influencers: Partner with influencers or relevant pages in your niche to share your post with their followers. Their endorsement can significantly boost the shareabilityand reach of your content.
Why Can’t I Share Someone’s Post?
If you’re having trouble sharing someone’s post, it could be because they have turned off the option to let others share it. When a post is not set to “Public,” it means not everyone can see it. So, if you can’t share someone’s post, it’s probably because they changed their privacy settings.
How Can I Track the Engagement and Sharing Patterns of my Shareable Posts on Facebook?
To track the engagement and sharing patterns of your shareable posts on Facebook, you can utilize the following methods and tools:
- Facebook Insights: Facebook provides a built-in analytics tool called Facebook Insights for business pages. It offers detailed metrics about your posts, including reach, engagement, and shares. You can access Insights by navigating to your Facebook Page and clicking on the “Insights” tab at the top.
- Post-Level Metrics: Within Facebook Insights, you can view post-level metrics to track the performance of individual posts. This includes data on likes, comments, shares, and reach. You can identify which posts are generating the most shares and engagement to gain insights into your sharing patterns.
- Share Count Plugins: Facebook offers social plugins that you can integrate into your website or blog. These plugins display the number of shares a particular post has received on Facebook. By implementing such plugins, you can keep track of how many times your posts have been shared on the social media platform.
- UTM Parameters: You can use UTM parameters to track the traffic generated from shared posts. By adding UTM parameters to the links you share, you can identify the specific sources of traffic in your website analytics tools, such as Google Analytics. This helps you understand the effectiveness of your shared posts in driving traffic and conversions.
- Third-Party Social Media Management Tools: There are various third-party social media management tools available that offer more advanced analytics and tracking features. These tools allow you to monitor the engagement and sharing patterns of your posts, track key metrics, and generate detailed reports. Some popular tools include Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and Buffer.
- Monitoring Notifications and Mentions: Keep an eye on your Facebook notifications and mentions. Whenever someone shares your post or tags your page, you will receive notifications. Monitoring these notifications allows you to see who is engaging with your content and sharing it with others.
By regularly analyzing these metrics and data, you can gain insights into the performance of your shareable posts, identify trends, and make informed decisions to optimize your content strategy and maximize engagement on Facebook.
In conclusion, making your Facebook posts shareable is crucial for expanding your audience and increasing engagement. By adjusting the visibility settings and choosing the “Public” option, you allow others to share your posts beyond your immediate circle of friends. Crafting engaging content, optimizing post formatting, enabling public sharing, encouraging interactions, and promoting your posts through various strategies can further enhance their shareability.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to reach a wider audience and maximize the impact of your social media presence. Stay up-to-date with the latest news and updates about social media by subscribing to our website newsletter.