Are you struggling with a small keyboard on your iPhone and finding it difficult to type comfortably? Fortunately, there are several methods you can use to make the iPhone keyboard bigger and enhance your typing experience. In this article, we’ll explore various techniques to enlarge the keyboard on your iPhone. Additionally, we’ll discuss how to prevent the floating keyboard from appearing when using an Apple Pencil. So, let’s dive in and discover how to make the iPhone keyboard bigger for easier and more efficient typing.
How to Make iPhone Keyboard Bigger
Method 1: Using Display Zoom
If you want to make the keyboard on your iPhone or iPad bigger, Apple doesn’t have a built-in way to do it. But don’t worry, there’s a workaround called Display Zoom that can help.
Display Zoom is a handy feature that adjusts the size of everything on your iPhone or iPad’s screen, including the keyboard. It’s one of the simplest ways to make the keyboard larger on an iPhone. Here’s how you can enable Display Zoom:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on “Display & Brightness.”
- Scroll down a bit and select “Display Zoom.”
- On an iPhone, choose “Larger Text.” On an iPad, select “Default” (it’s the opposite).
- Tap “Done” at the top. You’ll see a confirmation message. Choose “Use Zoomed.”
- Your iPhone or iPad will restart, and the interface will appear much larger.
Tip: If you want to switch back to the normal zoom, go back to step 3 and select “Default.” On an iPad, choose “More Space.”
Method 2: Use Landscape Mode
If you want a bigger keyboard, switching to landscape mode can help. It’s easy to do. Just follow these steps:
- Swipe down with one finger from the upper-right corner of your iPhone or iPad’s screen to open Control Center.
- Check if the Portrait Orientation Lock button is red. If it is, your device won’t rotate automatically. Tap the button to turn it off.
- Open the app where you want to type and rotate your iPhone or iPad to switch to landscape mode. This will give you a larger keyboard to type on.
Method 3: Use Third-Party Keyboard Apps
If you’re not satisfied with the default keyboard size on your iPhone or iPad, don’t worry! There are third-party keyboard apps that can come to your rescue. One such app is called “Fleksy,” and it allows you to make your keyboard bigger.
Here’s how you can do it with Fleksy:
- Download the Fleksy app from the App Store onto your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Fleksy app and follow the instructions on the screen to add the keyboard to your device.
- If the Fleksy keyboard isn’t working properly, go to the Settings app and navigate to “Fleksy -> Keyboards.”
- Enable the toggles next to “Fleksy” and “Allow Full Access.”
- If the Fleksy keyboard doesn’t appear, go to “Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Keyboards.” Tap on “Add New Keyboard” and select “Fleksy” from the list of third-party keyboards.
- Once you have the Fleksy keyboard set up, you can make it larger by following these steps:
- Open any app where you can type, like Notes.
- Long-press on the “Globe” icon on your current keyboard and choose “Fleksy” from the list.
Note: If you’re using a hardware keyboard, you won’t see the Globe option. The key or combination of keys you need to press may vary depending on your keyboard manufacturer. You might need to experiment a bit.
- To increase the size of the Fleksy keyboard, open the Fleksy app by tapping on its icon on the home screen or in the App Drawer. Tap on the “More” icon at the top and then select “Keyboard Size.” Choose “Large” to make the keyboard bigger.
There are also other free keyboard apps you can try to enlarge your keyboard, such as:
Each app may have its own specific instructions for adjusting the keyboard size.
Tip: If you’re experiencing unexpected behavior with your keyboard or other on-screen elements on your iPhone, you may want to consider learning how to factory reset your device.
Method 4: Disable One-Handed Mode
If your iPhone keyboard is stuck on the left or right side of the screen, it’s probably in one-handed mode. Here’s how you can fix it:
Tap on the arrow icon located on either the left or right side of the keyboard. This will make the keyboard bigger and return it to its normal position.
If that doesn’t work, try this:
- Long-press the Globe icon on the keyboard.
- Press the keyboard icon in the middle.
By following these steps, you should be able to disable one-handed mode and restore your keyboard to its regular size and position.
Method 5: Disable the Floating Keyboard on iPad
If the keyboard on your iPad is small and not in its usual place at the bottom of the screen, it’s probably in floating mode. To fix this and get the keyboard back to its normal size, you need to turn off the floating keyboard. There are two ways to do it:
# 1: Using gestures
- On the small floating keyboard, place two fingers on it.
- Move your fingers away from each other (pinch-out gesture) while they’re still on the keyboard.
- The keyboard will expand and return to its regular size.
# 2: Using the handle at the bottom
- Locate the small bar or handle at the bottom of the floating keyboard.
- Hold onto the bar/handle.
- Drag the floating keyboard down to the bottom edge of the screen.
- As you do this, the keyboard will become larger and go back to its default size.
By following either of these methods, you can disable the floating keyboard and restore the regular size and position of the keyboard on your iPad.
Method 6: Disable Split Keyboard on iPad
If the keyboard on your iPad is divided into two parts, it means it’s in split mode. To bring the keyboard back together, you can try the following methods:
# 1: Using your fingers
- Place one finger on each half of the split keyboard.
- Move both fingers towards each other, bringing the two halves together.
- As you do this, the split halves of the keyboard will reattach and become one.
# 2: Using the keyboard icon
- Long-press on the keyboard icon located in the bottom-right corner of your keyboard.
- While keeping your finger pressed, slide it towards the “Dock and Merge” option.
- Once you reach the “Dock and Merge” option, release your finger.
By using either of these methods, you can disable the split keyboard and restore it to its regular, unified state on your iPad.
Method 7: Enlarge the Keyboard on iPad with Apple Pencil
If you’re using an Apple Pencil with your iPad and tapping on a text field brings up a floating keyboard instead of the regular keyboard at the bottom, here’s what you can do to fix it:
To prevent this issue, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPad.
- Look for and tap on “Apple Pencil” in the settings menu.
- In the Apple Pencil settings, find the toggle switch next to “Scribble” and turn it off.
By disabling the “Scribble” feature, you should be able to prevent the floating keyboard from appearing and have the regular keyboard docked at the bottom, allowing you to type more comfortably with your Apple Pencil. Also read Apple Pencil Not Charging? Here’s How to Fix it.
In conclusion, by implementing the methods discussed in this article, you can easily adjust the size and position of the keyboard on your iPhone or iPad, leading to enhanced typing comfort and improved efficiency. Whether it’s using display zoom, landscape mode, third-party keyboard apps, or disabling certain modes on your device, each method offers a solution to make your keyboard bigger and optimize your overall user experience.
We hope this article has provided you with valuable insights on how to make the iPhone keyboard bigger. Now, we would love to hear from you! Have you tried any of these methods? Did they work for you? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below. Your feedback will not only help us understand your needs better but also assist other readers in finding the best solutions for their keyboard size preferences. So, don’t hesitate to leave a comment and join the conversation!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?