Twitter is a one-of-a-kind microblogging platform. While many other sites, such as YouTube and Instagram, focus on various media, 280 characters is limited. As a result, gaining followers and monetizing your account necessitates some creative solutions. One useful feature is the ability to pin someone else’s tweet. This post will show you how to pin someone else’s tweet and how to deal with any problems that may arise. So, let’s go right in and see how this feature works.
Why is pinning a tweet important?
A pinned tweet appears at the top of your profile, regardless of when it was originally posted. It informs the viewer about the subject you value and your position on opposing viewpoints. You can only pin a tweet that already appears on your timeline, whether you wrote it or it was retweeted from another account.
The Benefits of Pinning Someone Else’s Tweet
When you pin someone else’s tweet to your Twitter profile, you have several advantages:
- Posting a tweet with many followers helps drive traffic to your profile.
- It makes it easy for visitors to your profile to know your opinions on a given issue.
- It increases the likelihood of visitor engagement, allowing you to easily validate your profile and even monetize it sooner.
- Your other tweets may be pushed to the bottom of the timeline, but a pinned tweet remains at the top. Hence, if you promote it multiple times, you can expect consistent results, but a regular tweet has a limited reach after only one or two promotions.
How To Pin Someone Else’s Tweet?
Sadly, you cannot directly pin someone else’s message while scrolling through your feed on Twitter. It must first be added to your timeline. The steps are as follows.
- Log into your account by using the Twitter app on your smartphone or visiting Twitter on your browser.
- Find the tweet you want to pin on your profile. You can look through the feed or use the search bar.
- At the bottom of the Tweet you want to pin, click the “Retweet” button. To avoid copyright concerns, use the “Quote Tweet” option and credit the original account.
4. Go to your Twitter profile and find the tweet.
5. Hit the three-dot icon in the tweet’s top-right corner.
7. From the open menu, select the “Pin to your profile” option.
That’s all there is to it! The tweet will be pinned to the top of your profile. You or any other Twitter user can leave a comment. If you wish, you can turn it into a thread and give more information on the issue.
How To Unpin a Tweet
When some time has passed, you may decide to unpin the tweet from your profile. You can do so by following the steps outlined below.
- Log in to your Twitter account and launch the Twitter app.
- Go to your profile and look for the pinned tweet.
- Hit the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the tweet.
- Choose “Unpin from profile” from the pop-up menu.
Twitter will unpin the tweet and restore it to its original state.
Commonly Asked Questions
It is based on the notification preferences they have set. If they have not enabled notifications in the notifications section of settings, they will not be alerted of any pinned tweets.
Yes. When you embed a tweet, it shows two versions of the tweet: the source code and the web URL. You can copy the URL address and paste it into a new tweet. It will appear as though you retweeted it once you publish it.
No. When you pin a Tweet, its position in the stream does not change. It simply impacts the visibility of the tweet on your Twitter profile.
A pinned Tweet can be easily deleted from your account. The steps for this have already been provided above.
We hope this post has provided you with a thorough explanation of how to pin someone else’s Tweet. You can only pin one tweet each day, according to Twitter rules. Therefore, you’ll have to wait another 24 hours to pin another tweet. Do you still have unanswered questions? Satisfy your curiosity by reading the FAQ section above.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?