Over the last decade, video content has surpassed all other content formats in terms of accessibility. According to experts, this is not just a trend but a full shift toward video content, which serves as a key source of information for internet users. We now have some specific platforms for browsing the world’s continuing portals. YouTube and Twitter are two of them, and they are among the greatest. The former makes it simple to post any video, and the latter facilitates sharing the video with your followers. However, if you don’t know how to embed a YouTube video on Twitter, your efforts will be futile. We will demonstrate two methods for embedding and posting a YouTube video on Twitter for desktops and mobile devices.
Why embed YouTube videos on Twitter?
Twitter has a global reputation for being one of the most frequented and popular social media platforms. Furthermore, tweets on Twitter frequently become viral faster than on other platforms, and video tweets receive more interaction than text tweets. Conversely, YouTube is a center for content providers and allows anybody to build a channel and start creating videos. If you want to build your YouTube channel, share your videos on Twitter. This will increase traffic to your channel, resulting in more viewers and subscribers. Your Twitter followers can quickly retweet your tweets that contain embedded YouTube videos, allowing more people to connect with your YouTube channel.
How to embed YouTube videos on Twitter
Embedding your YouTube video on Twitter is a great way to promote it. You can use a computer that has access to your Twitter and YouTube accounts. You must have the Twitter and YouTube applications loaded on your phone if you are using it. Let’s go over the steps for that.
Embed YouTube videos on Twitter using a computer
You have two options for embedding your YouTube video. Try out the options below to find which one works best for you.
Using the Sharing Menu:
- Sign in to YouTube and Twitter on your computer.
- Locate the video you wish to embed on YouTube.
- At the bottom, click the Share icon.
- From the available options, select the option to share on Twitter/Tweet.
- You will be sent to Twitter’s website.
- Your YouTube video will be embedded on Twitter, and you can add additional text or tags before clicking the Tweet button.
Your YouTube video is now embedded and shared on Twitter.
Using a Link:
- Navigate to YouTube and find the video you wish to share.
- To access the menu, right-click on the video.
- Select the option to copy the video URL.
- Log in to your Twitter account on your computer.
- Make your tweet and include the copied URL.
- A video thumbnail will be created. Add any additional information about your embedded video, then click the tweet button.
Your YouTube video has been tweeted.
Embed YouTube videos on Twitter using a phone
If you have the YouTube and Twitter applications downloaded and installed on your phone, the steps below will work.
Using the Sharing Menu:
- Launch the Twitter and YouTube applications on your phone.
- Locate the YouTube video you wish to share.
- At the bottom, click the Share button and pick Twitter/Tweet.
- Twitter will launch with the YouTube video embedded in your message.
- Add additional text to your tweet and click the tweet button.
You’ll see that the YouTube video is embedded in your tweet, and anyone watching it can watch it by clicking on it.
Using a Link:
- Navigate to the video on YouTube that you want to share.
- At the bottom, click the Share button and pick the Copy link option.
- Open Twitter once you’ve copied the URL.
- Make a new tweet and put the copied URL into it.
- Add more information about the attached video, such as tags and hashtags.
- Lastly, click the tweet button.
When it comes to embedding YouTube videos on Twitter, the methods described above are your best bet, and you’ll find them simple to use whether you’re on a desktop or a mobile device.
Download the YouTube video and share on Twitter.
Another way you can post a YouTube video on Twitter is to first download the video to your computer and then share it on Twitter. Unfortunately, there is no official way to download YouTube videos. But there’s nothing to be concerned about. It is as simple as it gets to download any video from YouTube. To complete the task, simply install a reputable third-party downloader or chrome extension. You can use whatever downloading tool you choose. Here’s how to use 4k Video Downloader (a free program) to download YouTube videos:
- Go to the 4k Video Downloader main website. Install it on your PC after downloading it.
- Then, go to YouTube and play the video you want to download.
- Now, click on the Share icon and then on Copy. This will transfer the URL of the video to your clipboard.
- Return to 4k Video Downloader and click the “Paste Link” button in the top-left corner.
- The application will extract the video’s information and present you with several video-quality resolutions to download.
- Simply select the desired quality and press the Download button. It will be saved on your computer by the application. Now that you’ve downloaded the video, you can post it on Twitter.
- Go to Twitter.com and sign in to your account. To create a new tweet, click the “What’s Happening” icon.
- Now, click the “Add Photos or Video” button to look for and import the recently downloaded video on your computer.
- The video will be sent to your Twitter account. Enter an engaging caption and relevant keywords, then click Tweet.
That’s all there is to it; the video will be posted to your Twitter account.
To conclude, this blog post has provided a step-by-step explanation on how to post a YouTube video on Twitter and the methods that work for both desktop and mobile. If you’re having trouble uploading a video from YouTube to Twitter, read this post completely, and you’ll be done in just a few clicks.