Instagram recently launched a memories feature for its users, which reminds them of a post from a year or more ago. Under your notifications tab, you’ll see a reminder to “see the post you made on a particular day.” Despite the fact that there are no default options for resharing the post, you can still share the photo/video using your story or main story. This article explains how to find and post memories on Instagram.
How Will You Find Your Memories on Instagram?
Instagram, like other social platforms, is constantly refining its app to encourage users to engage more and continue to use its services. “Memories” is one of the many features. It displays the post you made a year or more ago to remember them. Nevertheless, unlike Facebook, the “Memories” feature’s default setting is to remind you. You can’t share it directly and tell your followers it’s in the memory of something. Stories, on the other hand, are a little different from posts. When you share a story, it is visible for 24 hours before being archived in Instagram’s settings. You’ll find your old stories from years ago in this archive, with keywords like “On this day.” In contrast to posts, you can reshare this story and use the “On this day” label to remind your followers when the video/photo was taken.
How Do You Post Memories from Your Stories Archive?
Before you can share posts from your stories archive, you must first find them on Instagram. If you share a lot of posts on your stories, you’ll see every post you’ve made since the beginning and when you made them. Here are the steps to access your stories archive.
- Open Instagram and head to your profile page by clicking the profile button in the bottom navigation bar.
- At the upper right corner of the page, select the three-line or hamburger menu.
- Choose the “Archive” tab.
- Choose “Stories Archive” from the drop-down menu.
This page contains the section “Memories.” You’ll find a collection of stories from a year ago and more here. In the steps that follow, you can share a memory with your followers or friends group.
- Scroll down to the photo/video you’d like to share.
- Choose “Share.”
- Finish the editing.
- Share it in your story.
After you’re finished, click the share button to show your friends and followers.
How Do You Post Memories from Major Posts?
When Instagram shows you a post from years ago, unlike stories, there is no share option connected. If it’s important enough to share, you may need to find the photo again and create another post about it. Remember to mention that you’re sharing the photo as a memory this time. Follow the instructions below to create a new post.
- Open Instagram and press the “+” button in the upper right corner.
- Go through your media in the gallery area until you find the photo.
- Choose the photo you want to post as a memory and click the blue arrow in the upper right corner.
- Apply a filter and edit as needed.
- Tag as many people as you want to the post, but most importantly, include a caption that is appropriate for the occasion and post.
How Do You Search the Archive for Major Posts?
You might recall sharing a memorable post and archiving it so that you might share it again as a memory. You can do this easily by heading to your Instagram settings and looking through your post archive to repost it as a memory. You can check on your archived posts using either an Android or an iOS device by following the steps below.
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile page.
- On the upper right corner, tap the hamburger menu.
- Choose the “Archive” tab.
- Choose “Posts Archives” from the drop-down menu.
- Search for the post you want to reshare and write an interesting caption to share.
Adding hashtags to your memory might help it get found on Instagram. Just use relevant hashtags in the description or comments of your memory to do this. For example, if you’re sharing a memory from a beach vacation, you can use hashtags like #beach #vacation #travel.
Tag friends or other users in your memory to share it with them and motivate them to share it with their followers. To tag someone in a memory, tap on the photo or video you want to include them in, then hit the “Tag People” button. Enter the person’s username and choose them from the list to remember them.
The “On This Day” feature on Instagram can help you find and share memories from prior years. Tap the camera icon at the bottom center of the screen, then scroll to the left until you reach the “On This Day” section. From here, you can go over old memories and choose which ones to repost or save as private memories.
This lets you easily post memories on Instagram stories or as a post. But keep in mind that these memories will only exist if you post them on Instagram. Make memories now by sharing those priceless moments.