WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that lets you send and receive text messages, voice notes, photos, videos, documents, and more. One of the features that WhatsApp offers is disappearing messages, which allows you to set messages to auto-delete after a certain period. So how to save disappearing messages on WhatsApp?
Disappearing messages can be useful for more privacy and security, as they prevent your chats from being stored on your device or your recipient’s device for too long. You can enable disappearing messages for individual or group chats and choose between 24 hours, seven days, or 90 days as the duration for the messages to disappear.
However, sometimes you may want to save some messages that are important or meaningful to you, even if they are set to disappear. For example, you may want to keep a message that contains a password, a confirmation code, a contact number, or a sentimental message.
Fortunately, WhatsApp has introduced a feature that lets you save disappearing messages in chats. This feature is called Keep in Chat, and it allows you or your recipient to prevent certain messages from auto-deleting by long-pressing on them and tapping on Keep.
In this article, we will show you how to save disappearing messages on WhatsApp and explain the benefits and limitations of this feature.
How to save disappearing messages on WhatsApp
To save disappearing messages on WhatsApp, you need to have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your device. You also need to enable disappearing messages for the chat or group where you want to save the messages.
Here are the steps to save disappearing messages on WhatsApp:
1. Open the chat or group where you have disappearing messages enabled.
2. Long-press on the message that you want to save.
3. Tap on Keep (or the bookmark icon at the top-right for Android).
4. You will see a confirmation message that says “Message kept” and a bookmark icon next to the message.
5. The message will be saved in a Kept Messages folder in your chat list.
6. You can access the Kept Messages folder by tapping on it from your chat list.
7. You can see all the messages you or your recipient have kept in the chat or group.
8. You can unkeep a message by long-pressing on it and tapping Unkeep (or the bookmark icon at the top-right for Android).
9. You will see a confirmation message that says “Message unkept,” and the bookmark icon will disappear from the message.
10. The message will be removed from the Kept Messages folder and follow the normal disappearing message duration.
With disappearing messages enabled, you can repeat these steps for any message you want to save or unsave in a chat or group.
Benefits of saving disappearing messages on WhatsApp
Saving disappearing messages on WhatsApp has several advantages over letting them auto-delete. Here are some of them:
- You can keep important or valuable information you don’t want to lose or forget.
- You can access your saved messages from any device linked to your WhatsApp account, even if your primary device is offline or has a low battery.
- You can organize your saved messages in a separate folder for easy reference and management.
- You can share your saved messages with other people who need access, such as family members or colleagues.
Limitations of saving disappearing messages on WhatsApp
While saving disappearing messages on WhatsApp is convenient and useful, it also has some drawbacks and restrictions you should be aware of. Here are some of them:
- You can only save disappearing messages in chats or groups where you have enabled this feature.
- You can only save chats sent after you have enabled disappearing messages for the chat or group.
- The sender decides what the recipient can save. If the sender unkeeps a message, the recipient cannot keep it anymore unless the sender keeps it again.
- If a recipient unkeeps a message, they can keep it again if the sender does not unkeep it.
- Unkeeping a message after its expired duration removes it from the chat.
- Anyone in a group chat can keep and unkeep a message unless the group admin has restricted this feature for participants.
- If you create a backup before a message disappears, the disappearing message will be included. However, if you restore from a backup, the disappearing message will be deleted.
You can enable disappearing messages on WhatsApp by opening a chat or group, tapping on the contact or group name, tapping on Disappearing messages, and selecting a duration (24 hours, seven days, or 90 days).
Yes, this feature is safe and secure. WhatsApp uses end-to-end encryption to protect your messages and calls from anyone else’s access. You can also manage your linked devices and log out of them remotely if needed.
Yes, this feature is available for everyone with the latest WhatsApp version installed on their device.
WhatsApp has introduced a feature that lets users save disappearing messages in chats. This feature is called Keep in Chat, and it allows users to prevent certain messages from auto-deleting by long-pressing them and tapping on Keep.
In this article, we have shown you how to save disappearing messages on WhatsApp and explained the benefits and limitations of this feature. We hope you find this feature helpful and convenient for your messaging needs.