Just like any small business owner, you have a lot on your plate and may struggle to find time to post on Facebook regularly. However, inconsistent posting isn’t ideal when you’re trying to promote your business and engage with your followers. Fortunately, there’s a solution. You can schedule your Facebook posts in advance directly from your Facebook Page. Simply set aside a block of time to create multiple posts at once and schedule them to be posted automatically. This way, you won’t have to worry about forgetting to post.
Why Should You Schedule Facebook Posts?
Scheduling Facebook posts offers several benefits and can significantly enhance your social media strategy. Here are a few reasons why you should consider scheduling your Facebook posts:
- Time Efficiency: Scheduling allows you to plan and create content in advance, saving you time and effort in the long run. Instead of manually posting updates in real-time, you can dedicate specific time slots to schedule multiple posts, ensuring consistent and regular content delivery.
- Consistency: Consistency is key in maintaining an engaged audience on social media. By scheduling posts, you can establish a consistent posting schedule, ensuring that your content reaches your followers at optimal times. This consistency helps build brand awareness and encourages audience engagement.
- Targeting Specific Time Zones: If your audience spans across different time zones, scheduling posts allows you to tailor your content delivery to reach them at the most suitable times. This ensures that your posts are seen by a wider audience and increases the likelihood of engagement.
- Strategic Planning: Scheduling allows you to plan your content strategically. You can align posts with upcoming events, product launches, or promotional campaigns, ensuring that your messaging is timely and relevant. This helps you maintain a cohesive brand narrative and effectively communicate with your audience. Also read Best Times to Post on Facebook | By Day, Time Zone, and Industry.
- Analytics and Optimization: Most social media scheduling tools provide analytics and insights into post performance. By scheduling your posts, you can track engagement metrics, evaluate the success of your content, and make data-driven decisions for future posts. This enables you to optimize your social media strategy and improve your overall performance.
How to Schedule Facebook Posts
You have two options for scheduling posts on your Facebook page. The first option is to use the Meta Business Suite, which was previously called Creator Studio. The second option is to use a third-party scheduling platform, such as Sprout Social.
Option 1: Schedule posts with Meta Business Suite
Here’s how you can schedule posts using the Meta Business Suite:
Step 1: Log in to your Facebook account and go to your Facebook Page. Switch profiles to manage your Page. On the left-hand sidebar, click on Meta Business Suite.
Step 2: In the main dashboard, click on the Planner tab to access your content calendar. Then, click on “Schedule post.”
Step 3: Create your post by adding a photo or video. Write your caption and preview your post. Scroll down to choose whether you want to publish it on your Facebook or Instagram account (if connected) or both. Finally, select a date and time for your content to be published.
That’s it! You’ve successfully scheduled a post. Repeat these steps to schedule more posts.
Option 2: Schedule posts with third-party scheduling platforms
1. Sprout Social
To schedule Facebook posts using Sprout Social, follow these steps:
- Open the Compose window by clicking on the Compose icon.
- Use the Profile Picker to select the Facebook pages where you want to post.
- Create your post by entering the content.
- From the “When to post” dropdown menu, choose “Specific Days & Times.”
- Select the desired date and times for your post.
- Optionally, add more scheduled times if needed.
- Click on the “Schedule” button to finalize the scheduling of your post.
Step 1: Log in to Hootsuite
- To begin, sign in to your Hootsuite account. If you’re new to the platform, you can try any of the plans for free for the first 30 days.
- Once you’re logged in, select “Composer” from the menu on the left side of the screen.
Step 2: Create your post
- Next, choose the Facebook account you want to post to from the “Select social account” menu. Then, add any photos, videos, or text that you want to include in your post.
- Start your free 30-day trial.
- You can also add tags to your post to help categorize it with similar content.
- Additionally, you can define a specific audience for your Facebook post to ensure it reaches the right people.
- If you include any links in your post, you can use Ow.ly to shorten them and track how many clicks and conversions they generate.
- Another useful feature is AI hashtag suggestions, which can help optimize your Facebook post.
- Lastly, you can use the “Ask for approval” feature to get feedback from your team members before publishing the post. This helps maintain a strong social media workflow and protect your brand.
Step 3: Schedule your post
- When you’re ready to schedule your post, click “Schedule for later” in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- A box will appear where you can select the date and time you want your post to be published.
- You can click “See recommended times” to find the best time to publish based on engagement, impressions, link clicks, and follower data.
- Once you’ve chosen the date and time, click “Schedule” to confirm.
- With Hootsuite, you can schedule posts up to 29 days in advance, allowing you to align your content with upcoming events, holidays, or promotions.
Step 4: Schedule multiple Facebook posts
- If you want to schedule multiple posts at once, you can use Hootsuite’s bulk scheduling feature. This feature is designed to handle a busy posting schedule more efficiently. You can schedule up to 350 posts at once.
- To schedule multiple Facebook posts, save your content as a CSV file. Each post should include the date and time (in 24-hour format), caption, and optionally, a URL.
- Once you’ve uploaded the CSV file, review the posts in the Bulk Composer. Make any necessary edits and upload additional media files if needed. Then, select “Schedule” to confirm.
- Remember that you can always edit individual posts later in Hootsuite’s Publisher.
Step 5: Edit or suspend posts
- If you need to make changes or suspend a scheduled Facebook post, go to the Planner in Hootsuite and click on the post you want to modify. Here, you can edit, delete, duplicate, or move the post to your drafts.
- If you need to suspend all of your scheduled Facebook posts, such as during a crisis or major event, you can do so in bulk by selecting the “Suspend all” option in the top right corner of the Planner.
Please note that only super admins and admins of Hootsuite organizations can bulk-suspend content. You can only suspend an organization’s content in the web version of Hootsuite, but the scheduled posts will also be suspended in the mobile app.
Here’s a simple guide on how to schedule Facebook posts using Planable:
On your computer:
- Sign up for free and create your workspace (no need for a credit card).
- Connect your Facebook page and any other platforms you want to schedule posts to.
- Go to your workspace, click on “Compose,” and select the Facebook tab.
- Write your post and choose the date and time you want it to be published.
- Click “Schedule,” and you’re done!
On your mobile device:
- Sign up for free and create your workspace, and connect your Facebook page on your computer.
- Open the Planable mobile app and select your Facebook page.
- Tap the “Compose” button at the bottom of the screen to create a new post.
- Write your post and tap “Next” to select the date and time.
- Choose the desired date and time, then tap “Schedule.”
- That’s it! Congratulations on scheduling your first Facebook post!
Here’s how you can schedule a post on Facebook using SocialPilot:
Step 1: Connect your account
Log into SocialPilot and link your Facebook page. If you’re an agency and want to link a client’s account, you can send them an invite link to grant access without sharing credentials.
Step 2: Manage your Accounts
Once the account is connected, you’ll see the linked accounts on the “Manage Accounts” page. You can customize time slots for specific pages based on your audience’s activity.
Step 3: Create Post
With SocialPilot’s post composer, you can easily create and customize your posts. You can add media, tag other Facebook accounts, use customized graphics and emojis, and manage post sharing preferences.
Step 4: Select Account & Schedule Post
After creating your post, select the pages or accounts where you want to publish it. You can schedule the post based on custom time slots or choose to share it immediately. You can also repeat the post using Facebook’s scheduled post feature to reach a wider audience.
That’s it! Your Facebook post is scheduled and ready to go live!
If you want to schedule multiple posts, you can repeat the process for each post you want to schedule.
In conclusion, scheduling Facebook posts offers numerous advantages for small business owners and individuals looking to effectively manage their social media presence. By taking advantage of scheduling tools provided by Facebook itself or third-party platforms like Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Planable, and SocialPilot, users can save time and effort while maintaining a consistent posting schedule. If you know more third-party tools, just leave a comment and tell us what tools you use to schedule your Facebook posts. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our daily newsletter to receive the latest news and updates about social media platforms, apps and devices.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?