Who doesn’t like to send high-quality images without losing their resolution on WhatsApp? If you are reading this, you probably want to. Well, we’ve got great news for you! You can preserve the quality of your photos and be sure they look stunning by sending them as documents instead of regular image files. So why settle for blurry, low-quality images when you can send them as crisp and clear documents? The question is; How to Send Photos as Documents in WhatsApp?
Why Would You Need to Send Photos as Documents on WhatsApp?
Did you know that when you share files on WhatsApp, they’re automatically compressed? While this helps with speed and connectivity and saves space and data, it also means that the quality will be sacrificed. In fact, you could lose up to 98% of the original photo resolution! This is definitely not ideal if you need high-definition or raw images for professional use or editing. But don’t worry, there’s a solution! To avoid losing quality, simply send your photos as a document file instead. This way, you can be sure that your images will look just as amazing as the original.
How to Send Photos as Documents in WhatsApp iPhone
If you are an iPhone user who wants to send high-quality photos on WhatsApp, here’s a simple trick: save your photo to the Files app and send it as a document. Just be aware that some image formats may still get compressed. But don’t you worry; there’s a workaround for that too! You can change the file extension to share an uncompressed photo on WhatsApp. Here are two methods to guide you through the process.
Method 1: Using Save to Files
- Open the Photos app and select the photo you want to send.
- Tap the Share icon you see at the bottom.
- Choose “Save to Files” and then select the folder where you want to save the image.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat where you want to send the photo.
- Tap the “+” icon and then choose “Document” option.
- Find and select the photo you saved to the Files app.
- Preview the image and tap “Send” if you are happy with it.
- Your photo will now be sent as a document to the person you want on WhatsApp.
Method 2: By changing the extension
- We start like the last method; repeat steps 1 to 3.
- Now open the Files app, find the photo, and tap the 3-dot menu icon in the top right corner.
- Select “View Options” and then enable “Show All Extensions.”
- Tap and hold the photo, then choose “Rename” and delete the file extension.
- Rename the file with a new extension, such as DOC or DOCX.
- Again like the last method open WhatsApp and go to the chat where you want to send the photo.
- Tap the “+” icon and select “Document.”
- Choose the renamed photo from the Files app.
- Tap “Open” and preview the file.
- If everything looks good, tap “Send” to share the uncompressed photo.
Tip for the second method: It’s a good idea to send a message to the recipient to let them know about the file extension change and the original format of the file.
That’s all there is to it! You have successfully shared an uncompressed photo on WhatsApp by changing the file extension. Good job iPhone users.
How to Send Photos as Documents in WhatsApp Android
If you use an Android device, First of all, WHY? Second, there are two methods you can use to send images as documents. The first method is to send the image directly from your File Explorer. If that doesn’t work, you can try changing the file extension, like iPhone methods. Choose the method that best meets your needs and requirements, and follow the steps below.
Method 1: Using a File Manager
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat where you want to send the image as a document.
- Tap the paperclip icon and choose “Document.”
- Your File Explorer will open within WhatsApp. Tap “Browse other docs” to open File Explorer.
- Find the directory where your photo is saved and select the image you want.
- Tap “Send” for confirmation of your choice.
- Your selected image will now be sent as a document to the recipient on WhatsApp.
Method 2: By renaming the file extension
- Open the File Explorer on your Android device. If you don’t have one, you can download and install the Files by Google app.
- Find the photo you want to send and select it.
- Tap the 3-dot menu icon in the top right corner and choose “Rename.”
- Replace the file extension with DOC or DOCX. Note that WhatsApp for Android only supports these document file extensions when sending files as a document.
- Tap “OK” to confirm the change.
- Tap “Rename” to confirm the file extension change.
- Close the File Explorer and open WhatsApp. Go to the chat where you want to send the image as a document.
- Tap the paperclip icon and choose “Document.”
- Tap “Browse other docs.”
- Find and select the renamed image from your File Explorer.
- Tap “Send” to share the image as a document with the recipient.
It’s recommended to send a follow-up message to notify the user of the file extension change.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Images from Your Old Android Phone to Your New iPhone, from Android to Android, or from iPhone to Android?
Are you looking to transfer WhatsApp images to different phones? If so, you’ll need a WhatsApp transfer tool that can easily move all your WhatsApp data to a different device.
There are several WhatsApp transfer tools available that you can use to transfer your WhatsApp images from one phone to another. In this section, we’ll discuss two of the most reliable and secure WhatsApp data transfer tools.
MobileTrans is a desktop application that lets you transfer WhatsApp images from one phone to another without losing image quality. It’s useful when you get a new phone or your old one breaks. You can also use MobileTrans to transfer data from other social apps and restore data from cloud backups. To transfer WhatsApp images, connect both phones to your computer with a cable and MobileTrans will detect them automatically.
Here’s how to transfer WhatsApp images to different phones with MobileTrans:
- Connect your Android and iOS devices to your computer and install MobileTrans.
- Select “WhatsApp Transfer” from the various options.
- Go to the sidebar and choose the “Transfer WhatsApp Images” feature.
- The application will detect both connected devices, with one being the destination and the other being the source. Make sure you know which device is which.
- Click “Start” to transfer WhatsApp images from the source phone to the destination phone.
- When the transfer is complete, you will receive a notification. You can safely remove your devices at that point.
If you need to transfer your WhatsApp data or images to a different phone, MobileTrans is a fast and easy solution to try. Even if you’re not tech-savvy, you can use MobileTrans without any technical knowledge to transfer your WhatsApp data.
Mutsapper is an app that lets you transfer your WhatsApp data to different phones without using a computer. It’s a convenient way to transfer WhatsApp images without losing data. It’s like an Android version of MobileTrans and allows you to move WhatsApp images from Android to iOS directly. Mutsapper makes things easy for you.
Here are the steps to transfer WhatsApp data to different phones data with Mutsapper:
- Install Wondershare Mutsapper from the Google Play Store on your device.
- Open the Mutsapper app and select “Yes, I have an OTG cable.”
- Connect your Android and iPhone devices using a USB OTG adapter.
- Follow the steps to back up your WhatsApp data on the Android device and click “Completed” to move to the next step.
- Mutsapper will automatically detect your backup file, so click “Yes” to store the backup data.
- Your WhatsApp data, including images, videos, and chats, will now transfer from the source to the destination device.
- Follow the instructions to transfer WhatsApp to a different iPhone if needed.
Overall, Mutsapper is a simple solution for transferring WhatsApp images from an Android phone to an iPhone. The best part is that you don’t need a computer or any other system to use the app.
Alternative ways to send photos without losing quality
Sending photos as documents on WhatsApp is a great way to preserve their quality, but it’s not the only option. Here are some alternative ways you can send high-quality photos on WhatsApp:
Use a cloud storage service
If you have a cloud storage account, like Google Drive or Dropbox, you can upload your photos to the cloud and share the link on WhatsApp. This way, you can send high-quality photos without worrying about compression or file size limitations. Just make sure you set the privacy settings to “public” or “anyone with the link” so that the recipient can view the photos.
Use a file transfer app
There are several file transfer apps available that allow you to send large files without losing quality. Some popular options include WeTransfer, Send Anywhere, and SHAREit. These apps use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to transfer files directly between devices, so you don’t need to worry about compression or file size limitations.
Use WhatsApp Web
If you’re using WhatsApp on your computer, you can send high-quality photos directly from your computer’s file manager. Just drag and drop the photo into the chat window, and it will be sent as a file attachment. This way, you can avoid compression and send high-quality photos without any additional steps.
That’s it! You now know How to Send Photos as Documents in WhatsApp without losing resolution. Don’t settle for blurry, low-quality images when you can send crisp and clear documents. And if you want to stay up-to-date on the latest news and updates about social media, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter! You’ll receive all the latest information and tips directly to your inbox. So why wait? Subscribe now and start improving your social media game today!