WhatsApp is a popular messaging platform used by millions of people worldwide. Usually, to message someone on WhatsApp, you must save their phone number in your contacts. However, there are situations where you may want to send a WhatsApp message without saving the number, whether it’s for a one-time conversation or to interact with businesses. This article will explore different methods to send WhatsApp messages without adding the number to your contact list, specifically focusing on iPhone and Android devices.
Why Send WhatsApp Messages without Saving Numbers?
There are several reasons why you might want to send a WhatsApp message without saving a contact number:
- Privacy: You may not want certain numbers to appear in your contact list, especially if they are temporary or for one-time use.
- Convenience: You might need to send a quick message to someone without the hassle of adding them to your contacts. This can be especially useful for business or delivery-related conversations.
- Clutter-free contacts: Keeping your contact list clean and organized is essential for many people. By sending messages without saving numbers, you can prevent your contact list from becoming cluttered with unnecessary entries.
Methods to Send WhatsApp Messages without Saving Numbers [iPhone/Android]
There are multiple ways to send a message on WhatsApp without saving the recipient’s number. This article will discuss four methods that work on both iPhone and Android devices.
Method 1: Using WhatsApp’s Official API (iPhone/Android)
WhatsApp provides an official API that allows you to send messages without saving the recipient’s number. To use this method, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Click the text below to copy the text to your clip board automatically.
Step 2: Open your preferred web browser on your iPhone or Android device.
Step 3: In the address bar, paste the URL template.
- Replace [COUNTRY_CODE] with the recipient’s country code (e.g., 1 for the US, 44 for the UK, or 91 for India).
- Replace [PHONE_NUMBER] with the recipient’s phone number without dashes or spaces.
- Replace [YOUR_MESSAGE] with the message you want to send. Ensure that you replace any spaces in your message with %20.
- For example, if you want to send the message “Hello!” to a US number (123) 456-7890, the URL would look like this: (Click on the botton below to copy the text to your clip board automatically.)
Step 3: Press ‘Enter’ or ‘Go’ to navigate the generated URL.
Step 4: WhatsApp will open, displaying a chat window with the recipient’s number. Tap ‘Send’ to deliver your message.
Note: The recipient must have an active WhatsApp account for this method to work.
Method 2: Using Third-party Applications (iPhone/Android)
Several third-party applications can help you send WhatsApp messages without saving numbers. Some popular options include:
Click to Chat (Android): Click to Chat is an Android app that utilizes WhatsApp’s API to send messages without saving numbers. After installing the app, enter the recipient’s number and your message, then tap ‘Send.’ This will create a chat window in WhatsApp, allowing you to send your message.
Direct Message for WhatsApp (iPhone): Direct Message for WhatsApp is an iOS app that enables you to send messages without saving numbers. After installing the app, enter the recipient’s number and your message, then tap ‘Send.’ This will open a chat window in WhatsApp, allowing you to send your message.
Method 3: Creating a Custom Shortcut Using Shortcuts App (iPhone)
The Shortcuts app allows iPhone users to create a custom shortcut to send WhatsApp messages without saving numbers. Here’s how to create a shortcut:
Step 1: Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone. Download it from the App Store if you don’t have it installed.
Step 2: Tap the ‘+’ icon to create a new shortcut.
Step 3: Tap ‘Add Action’ and search for ‘URL.’
Step 4: Select the ‘URL’ action from the list and enter the following URL template, or you can simply click on the botton below to copy the text to your clip board automatically.
Step 5: Replace [COUNTRY_CODE], [PHONE_NUMBER], and [YOUR_MESSAGE] with the appropriate ‘Ask for Input’ actions.
Step 6: To do this, tap the ‘+’ icon below the URL action, search for ‘Ask for Input,’ and add it three times. Replace the placeholders with the respective ‘Ask for Input’ actions.
Step 7: Add an ‘Open URLs’ action after the URL action by tapping the ‘+’ icon and searching for ‘Open URLs.’
Step 8: Tap the ellipsis (three dots) icon in the top-right corner and give your Shortcut a name, such as ‘WhatsApp without Saving Number.’
Step 9: Tap ‘Done’ to save your Shortcut.
Now, whenever you need to send a WhatsApp message without saving the number, open the Shortcuts app, and run your ‘WhatsApp without Saving Number’ Shortcut. The Shortcut will prompt you for the country code, phone number, and message before opening the chat window in WhatsApp.
Method 4: Using WhatsApp Web (iPhone/Android/ PC)
WhatsApp Web is another option for sending messages without saving numbers. This method works on both iPhone and Android devices:
Step 1: Open your preferred web browser on your computer and navigate to WhatsApp Web.
Step 2: On your phone, open WhatsApp and navigate to the ‘Settings’ or ‘Menu’ options.
Step 3: Select ‘WhatsApp Web’ or ‘WhatsApp Web/Desktop’ and scan the QR code on your computer screen.
Step 4: Once your phone and computer are connected, open a new tab in your web browser and type the following URL template, or you can simply click on the botton below to copy the text to your clip board automatically.
Step 5: Replace [COUNTRY_CODE], [PHONE_NUMBER], and [YOUR_MESSAGE] with the appropriate information.
Step 6: Press ‘Enter’ or ‘Go’ to navigate the generated URL.
Step 7: A chat window with the recipient’s number will appear on WhatsApp Web. Click ‘Send’ to deliver your message.
Method 5: Using the Quick Message Shortcut (Android)
Some Android devices have a built-in “Quick Message” feature that allows you to send a message without saving the recipient’s number. To use this feature, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open the Phone app on your Android device.
Step 2: Tap the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner and select “New message.”
Step 3: Enter the recipient’s phone number in the international format (e.g., +1234567890).
Step 4: Tap on the WhatsApp icon to send your message.
Method 6: Using Messenger Duo to Mirror a Second Account (iPhone/ Android)
Another way to send WhatsApp messages to unsaved numbers is to use Messenger Duo. This app lets you mirror a second device with an existing WhatsApp account. This way, you can manage both accounts on one phone and contact any number without saving it.
For this method, you need another device (such as an Android phone or tablet) with a working SIM card and WhatsApp installed. You also need access to this device whenever you want to use the second account on your phone. Once you have that, follow these steps:
- Download Messenger Duo from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Open the app and tap on the Dual tab. You will see a QR code on the screen.
- On your second device, open WhatsApp and tap the three-dot menu icon at the top right corner.
- Tap on Linked Devices and then tap on Link a Device.
- Scan the QR code on your iPhone screen with your second camera.
- Confirm the linking by tapping on Link.
You have now set up your second WhatsApp account using Messenger Duo. You can use it just like the regular WhatsApp app to chat with any number without saving it. However, you must keep your second device connected to the internet and close to your iPhone for this method to work.
To use your first WhatsApp account, open the regular WhatsApp app on your iPhone. You need to open the respective apps to switch between the two accounts.
Method 6: Using a Siri Shortcut to Ping Unsaved Numbers on WhatsApp (iPhone)
If you use an iPhone, you can also use a Siri shortcut to send WhatsApp messages to unsaved numbers. A Siri shortcut is a quick way to perform a specific task using Siri or the Shortcuts app. In this case, we will use a shortcut that lets you enter a phone number and start a chat with it on WhatsApp.
To use this method, follow these steps:
- Download the Shortcuts app from the App Store on your iPhone if you don’t have it already.
- Open this Link on your iPhone and tap on Get Shortcut. This will open the Shortcuts app and show you the details of the Shortcut.
- Tap on Add Untrusted Shortcut at the bottom of the screen. This will add a shortcut to your library.
- Open the Shortcuts app and tap My Shortcuts at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on WhatsApp to Number shortcut. This will prompt you to enter a phone number.
- Enter the phone number of the person you want to contact and the country code. For example, +1 987 6543210.
- Tap on Done. This will open WhatsApp and start a chat with the unsaved number.
You can use this method on any iPhone that supports Siri shortcuts. You can also run this Shortcut using Siri by saying, “Hey Siri, WhatsApp to Number.”
In summary, several methods exist to send WhatsApp messages without saving numbers on iPhone and Android devices. Whether you use WhatsApp’s official API, third-party applications, custom shortcuts, or WhatsApp Web, you can now enjoy the convenience, privacy, and clutter-free contacts that come with sending messages without adding numbers to your contact list.