You can use your iPhone’s blocking feature to prevent calls from specific contacts, but you might be worried that they will realize you’ve blocked them. So, how can you avoid their calls without them knowing they’ve been blocked? This article will explain different ways to stop calls on your iPhone without blocking someone from your contact list.
How to Stop Calls on iPhone Without Blocking
1. Use Do Not Disturb Mode
If you want to stop receiving calls on your iPhone without blocking them, you can use the Do Not Disturb mode. This mode is designed to silence all incoming calls, text messages, and notifications.
Here’s how to enable and customize Do Not Disturb mode:
To turn on Do Not Disturb mode, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Open the Control Center.
- Tap the moon-shaped icon to activate Do Not Disturb mode. You’ll see a moon icon in the status bar at the top of your screen.
You can customize Do Not Disturb mode to allow calls from specific contacts or set it to activate automatically at specific times. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.
- Toggle the switch next to “Do Not Disturb” to turn it on.
- Under “Allow Calls From,” choose “Favorites” or “All Contacts.” You can also select “No One” to block all calls.
- You can also set a schedule for Do Not Disturb mode to activate automatically. Under “Scheduled,” choose the start and end times.
Do Not Disturb mode is a helpful way to stop receiving calls on your iPhone without blocking anyone.
It’s especially useful when you want to concentrate on work or other activities without interruptions from notifications.
Give it a try and see if it works for you!
2. Use “Silence Unknown Callers” Feature
If you’re fed up with getting calls from unfamiliar or spammy numbers, you can use the “Silence Unknown Callers” feature on your iPhone to filter them out. When you activate this feature, your phone will only ring for calls coming from people in your contacts, recent outgoing calls, and Siri Suggestions.
Here’s how to turn it on:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Phone” option.
- Tap on “Silence Unknown Callers.”
- Toggle the switch next to “Silence Unknown Callers.”
Once you’ve enabled this feature, any calls from unknown numbers will be automatically silenced and sent to voicemail.
You can still see a list of missed calls in your recent calls, and if you want, you can return the call.
Keep in mind that this feature may not be suitable for everyone, especially if you regularly receive calls from new or unknown numbers that you need to answer.
In that case, you can explore other methods to block unwanted calls on your iPhone, such as manually blocking specific numbers or using third-party apps that can identify and block spam calls.
3. Use Third-Party Apps
If you’re still getting annoying calls on your iPhone, even after trying the previous methods, you can attempt to block them using third-party apps. There are several apps available in the App Store that can assist you in blocking unwanted calls and text messages.
Popular apps include:
- and RoboKiller
Follow these steps to use this feature:
- Download and install the app fromApp Store
- Give the app permission to access your contacts and phone.
- Enable the app’s call blocking feature.
- Add the phone numbers you wish to block to the app’s blacklist.
Depending on the app you choose, you might also have the option to report unwanted calls and texts to the app’s community. This can assist others in avoiding these calls in the future.
Overall, using a third-party app can be an effective way to block unwanted calls on your iPhone. Just make sure to select a reputable app and read reviews before downloading to ensure it’s the right fit for you.
4. Turn on Airplane Mode
To block incoming calls and SMS texts on your iPhone without using the blocked contacts list, you can activate Airplane Mode. This feature disables your iPhone’s cellular capabilities, resulting in an “unreachable” response for anyone trying to contact you.
Airplane Mode also turns off the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios, but you can choose to turn them on if desired. It’s a useful option when you want to eliminate distractions. However, you cannot allow specific contacts to reach you like you can with the Focus feature.
To activate Airplane Mode on your iPhone, open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and tap the Airplane Mode icon. If you want to keep Bluetooth and Wi-Fi functioning, you can enable their respective icons.
To disable Airplane Mode, access the Control Center again and tap the Airplane Mode icon. Alternatively, you can open the Settings app, scroll to the top of the screen, and use the Airplane Mode switch to toggle it on or off.
5. Set Up a Silent Ringtone
If you wish to silence a particular contact or a few contacts, you can consider getting a silent ringtone and using it.
Here’s how you can purchase and set up a silent ringtone for a contact:
- Open the iTunes Store on your iPhone and search for “Silent Ringtone.” Listen to a preview of available options and purchase a silent ringtone that you like.
- Open the Contacts app and select the contact you want to silence. Tap the “Edit” option, then tap on “Ringtone.” Choose the silent ringtone you purchased and assign it to the contact.
- Tap “Done.” You can repeat these steps to set up the silent ringtone for any other contacts you want to silence.
6. Activate Call Forwarding
If you have another phone, whether it’s an Android or iOS device, you can redirect calls from your iPhone to that phone using a feature called Call Forwarding. Also read iOS 17 Hidden Features You Should Try Right Now.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on “Phone” > “Call Forwarding.”
- Toggle the switch next to “Call Forwarding” to activate it. Then, enter the phone number where you want the calls to be forwarded and tap “Back.”
- To deactivate Call Forwarding later, you can return to the same screen mentioned above and disable the switch next to “Call Forwarding.”
I hope this guide has helped you understand how to stop calls on iPhone without blocking. If you have any more questions or need tutorials for iPhone or Android, please leave a comment. We value your feedback as it helps us improve our future articles. Don’t forget to subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest news and updates about social media platforms, apps, and devices.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?