Many iPhone users have recently been upset when they check their call logs. They are surprised to see call logs from their other iPhones displayed there. This can be a problem because they might accidentally dial numbers from the call logs of another iPhone.
This issue seems to be occurring for many iPhone users who use the same Apple ID on multiple iPhones. Fortunately, there is a solution. You can prevent call history from appearing on another iPhone that uses the same Apple ID by disabling the iCloud contacts settings and the Handoff feature on the iPhone. This way, you can still use the same Apple ID on different iPhones without this issue.
If you’re experiencing the same problem, don’t worry. This article will provide a guide on how to stop call history from appearing on another iPhone that uses the same Apple ID.
Why Should I Stop Sharing Call History Between iPhones?
There are several reasons why you should consider stopping the sharing of call history between iPhones:
- Privacy: By disabling call history sharing, you can protect your privacy. Each iPhone user may have their own confidential and personal call information that they prefer to keep separate from others using the same Apple ID.
- Avoid Confusion: Sharing call history between iPhones can lead to confusion and accidental dialing of numbers from another iPhone’s call logs. By stopping the sharing, you can prevent unintentional calls and maintain clarity in your own call history.
- Individual Usage: Each iPhone user may have different call history patterns and preferences. By disabling call history sharing, you can maintain your own individual call records and manage them according to your needs.
- Organization: Stopping call history sharing allows for better organization of your call logs. You can easily review and manage your own call history without the interference of other iPhones’ records, making it more efficient to track and analyze your calls.
- Control and Security: Disabling call history sharing gives you greater control over your own call information. It reduces the risk of unauthorized access or accidental exposure of sensitive call data to others using the same Apple ID, thereby enhancing the security of your communications.
How To Stop Sharing Call History Between iPhones
Solution 1 – Disable iCloud Drive and iCloud Contacts
When iCloud Drive is turned on, it allows iPhone users to sync various information like contacts, emails, and call logs across devices using an Apple ID. To solve the issue, you can try turning off iCloud Drive and iCloud Contacts.
Step 1: On your iPhone, go to the Settings.
Step 2: Tap on your Profile Name at the top of the Settings page.
Step 3: Select the iCloud option.
Step 4: Tap on iCloud Drive.
Step 5: Turn off the “Sync this iPhone” toggle switch for iCloud Drive.
Step 6: Go back to the iCloud page and tap on “Show All.”
Step 7: You will see a list of apps that use iCloud.
Step 8: Make sure the toggle button for Contacts is turned off.
By following these steps, you can disable iCloud Drive and iCloud Contacts to prevent the unwanted sharing of call logs between iPhones using the same Apple ID.
Solution 2 – Turn off the Handoff feature
Handoff is a convenient feature that lets users continue tasks started on another iPhone using the same iCloud account. However, in this case, it may be causing problems. Disabling this feature can resolve the issue completely.
Step 1: Start by opening the Settings on your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap on the General option.
Step 3: Select the AirPlay & Handoff option.
Step 4: Finally, turn off the Handoff feature by toggling its switch.
Step 5: Once it’s disabled, the problem should be fixed.
By following these steps and turning off the Handoff feature, you can resolve the issue with the call logs appearing on other iPhones using the same iCloud account. Also read iOS 17 Hidden Features You Should Try Right Now.
Solution 3 – Verify Apple ID and Log In Correctly
If you notice that your iPhone is showing unfamiliar call logs, it could be due to using the wrong Apple ID to log in. To fix this, you need to check if the Apple ID on your iPhone belongs to you. If not, you should log out and then log back in using your own Apple ID.
NOTE: This method only applies if you are not sharing the Apple ID with another iPhone.
Follow these steps:
Step 1: Start by opening the Settings on your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap on your Profile Name at the top of the page.
Step 3: On the Apple ID page, you will see the Apple ID currently logged in.
Step 4: If it is not the correct Apple ID, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on “Sign Out.”
Step 5: Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the log out process.
Step 6: Once you have logged out, go back to the Settings page and tap on “Sign in to your iPhone.”
Step 7: This time, sign in using the correct Apple ID.
By verifying your Apple ID and ensuring you are logged in with the correct account, you can address the issue of unfamiliar call logs appearing on your iPhone.
I’m glad that this guide has provided you with the information on how to stop sharing call history between iPhones. If you have any further questions or if you need tutorials for iPhones or Android devices, please feel free to leave a comment. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us enhance our future articles. Don’t forget to subscribe to our daily newsletter, where you can stay up-to-date with the latest news and updates about social media platforms, apps, and devices. Thank you for choosing our guide, and we look forward to assisting you with any other tech-related queries you may have.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?