Some apps might ask for permission to connect to your Twitter account, and granting them access means you are granting them permission to use your account for a variety of purposes. You can revoke access to different third-party apps if you no longer want them to access your Twitter account. You can limit which apps can access and use your account this way, which is a great way to protect your privacy and keep your account secure. This guide walks you through the process of giving a third-party app access to your Twitter account. We’ll look at the various factors to consider in order to keep your account safe. Furthermore, we will look at how to unauthorize an app on Twitter.
How to Authorize a Third-Party Twitter App?
For various purposes, some apps may require access to your Twitter account. These are third-party apps, and Twitter allows you to securely authorize them and revoke their access at any time. Allowing a third-party app to use your Twitter account implies that the third-party app can access information from your Twitter account, such as your Tweets and profile information. Allow third-party apps only when required and only if they are trustworthy. Here’s how to offer access to your Twitter account to a third-party app:
- Open the website or the app that is asking for access to your Twitter account.
- Choose “Connect to Twitter” or “Sign in with Twitter” from the menu.
- To authorize the action, you will be taken to the Twitter website or app.
- Examine the permissions the app requires and the steps required to provide those rights.
- Click the “Authorize app” button if you are logged into your Twitter account on the web.
- If you are not logged in, you must enter your Twitter credentials. (CAUTION: Check that the URL that takes you to the Twitter website begins with https://twitter.com. If not, do not input your information.)
- To approve the app, click the “Sign In” button.
The third-party app now has access to your Twitter account until you withdraw it, following the methods below. You should be cautious about the apps you allow to use on your Twitter account. Also, to keep your account safe, double-check the permissions granted to the app before you authorize it.
How to Unauthorize a Twitter App?
To revoke an app’s access to your Twitter account, follow the steps below.
Method 1: Using Twitter’s Website
- Go to the Twitter website and sign in to your account.
- On the left, press the “More” button.
- Choose the “Settings” option.
- Choose “Security and account access” from the drop-down menu.
- Hit the “Apps and Sessions” button.
- Choose “Connected apps” from the drop-down menu.
- A list of all the apps that have authorized access to your Twitter account will be shown.
- Further details can be found by clicking on any of the apps.
- Finally, click the “Revoke app permission” button at the bottom to remove the app’s access to your Twitter account.
Method #2: Using Twitter’s Mobile App
With the instructions below, you may browse the list of associated applications on your Twitter mobile app for Android and iPhone.
- Launch the Twitter app.
- At the top, click the profile icon.
- At the bottom, select the “Settings and privacy” option.
- Hit the “Security and account access” button.
- Next, select “Apps and Sessions.”
- Choose “Connected Apps” from the drop-down menu.
- A list of connected apps will appear.
- Choose the target app and then select the “Revoke access” option.
You have successfully removed the connected app from your Twitter account. You can verify the other apps you’ve connected to, ensuring they’re legitimate and not suspicious. Moreover, you can click on either of them to learn more about the app, including the permissions you’ve authorized.
Commonly asked questions
How do I unauthorize an app on Twitter?
To unauthorize an app on Twitter, go to your settings and privacy page. Select Apps in the left sidebar and find the app you wish to remove. Click the “Revoke Access” button next to the app’s name.
How do I find out which apps have access to my Twitter account?
You can view or revoke permission for connected applications by visiting your Settings and Privacy page. This will list all the apps currently authorized to access your Twitter account.
What happens when I revoke access from an app on Twitter?
Revoking access from an app will also delete any shared data from your account, such as tweets, lists, saved searches, etc. It will also remove any integration between your account and the selected app.
When giving apps access to your account, be sure the connection is safe and that the permission you’re giving the app doesn’t give it complete access to your account. Additionally, only let third-party apps access your Twitter account when absolutely essential. This post has shown you how to approve apps to access your Twitter account and how to unauthorize them.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?