Many schools and educational institutions block or limit access to YouTube and other websites for various reasons, such as preventing students from accessing inappropriate content, avoiding distractions and time-wasting, managing bandwidth resources, and maintaining a safe and controlled online environment. If you are frustrated by these blocks and want to watch YouTube videos on your school computer, you may wonder if there is a way to bypass them. Fortunately, there are some methods and tools that can help you unblock YouTube on a school computer and enjoy its content without any hassle. In this article, we will explain how to unblock YouTube on a school computer using different techniques.
Method 1: Using a VPN to Unblock YouTube
One of the most effective and reliable ways to unblock YouTube on a school computer is to use a VPN, or Virtual Private Network. A VPN is a service that allows you to connect to the internet through an encrypted tunnel that hides your IP address and location from your school network and anyone else who may be monitoring your online activity.
By using a VPN, you can pretend to be in a different country or region where YouTube is not blocked or restricted, and access the website as if you were there. A VPN also provides you with additional benefits, such as protecting your privacy and security online, preventing hackers and snoopers from accessing your data, and allowing you to access other geo-restricted websites and services, such as Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and more.
How to use a VPN to unblock YouTube on a school computer?
1. Choose a VPN service that suits your needs and budget.
There are many VPN services available on the market, but not all of them are equally good for unblocking YouTube. Some of the factors that you should consider when choosing a VPN are its speed, security, privacy, server network, compatibility, customer support, and price.
Some of the best VPNs for unblocking YouTube are:
- Private Internet Access,
- and PrivateVPN.
2. Download and install the VPN app on your device.
Most VPN services offer apps for various devices and platforms, such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, Chromebook, etc. You can download the app from the official website of the VPN service or from the app store of your device. Make sure that you download the app from a trusted source and avoid any fake or malicious apps that may harm your device or compromise your security.
3. Launch the VPN app and sign in with your account credentials.
If you don’t have an account yet, you can create one on the website of the VPN service. Most VPN services offer free trials or money-back guarantees that allow you to test their service before committing to a subscription plan.
4. Connect to a server location where YouTube is not blocked or restricted.
You can choose any country or region that you want, as long as it allows access to YouTube. For example, if you want to watch videos that are only available in the US, you can connect to a US server. If you want to watch videos that are only available in Japan, you can connect to a Japan server. You can usually select a server location from a list or a map on the VPN app interface.
5. Open your web browser and go to YouTube.com
You should be able to access the website without any blocks or restrictions. You can browse and watch any videos that you want on YouTube as if you were in the country or region of your chosen server location.
What are the benefits and risks of using a VPN to unblock YouTube?
|Benefits of Using a VPN to Unblock YouTube on a School Computer
|Risks of Using a VPN to Unblock YouTube on a School Computer
|– Access YouTube and watch videos that are blocked by the school’s network filters
|– Violation of school policies or rules, leading to potential consequences such as disciplinary action
|– Bypass restrictions imposed by the school’s network and access educational videos or resources on YouTube
|– Detection by school administrators, which may result in loss of privileges or further restrictions
|– Maintain privacy and anonymity while accessing YouTube content
|– Breach of trust with the school administration, potentially damaging your reputation
|– Protect personal information and prevent unauthorized access to your data
|– Increased risk of malware or security threats if the VPN provider is unreliable or insecure
|– Access other geo-restricted websites or online services for educational purposes
|– Technical issues or disruptions if the VPN connection is unstable or unreliable
It’s important to note that using a VPN on a school computer to bypass network restrictions may be against the school’s policies. Students should always consider the potential risks and consequences before using a VPN in a school environment.
Method 2: Using a Proxy Site to Unblock YouTube
Another way to unblock YouTube on a school computer is to use a proxy site. A proxy site is a website that acts as an intermediary between your device and the internet, allowing you to access websites that may be blocked or restricted by your school network. A proxy site also masks your IP address and location from the websites that you visit, making it appear as if you are accessing them from somewhere else.
How to use a Proxy Site to unblock YouTube on a school computer?
- Find a proxy site that works for YouTube. There are many proxy sites available online, but not all of them are reliable or compatible with YouTube. Some of them may be slow, insecure, outdated, or blocked by your school network. Some of the proxy sites that we recommend for unblocking YouTube are HideMyAss, Hide.me, Proxysite, and KProxy.
- Open the proxy site on your web browser. You should see a URL bar or a search box on the proxy site interface, where you can enter the website address that you want to visit.
- Enter YouTube.com in the URL bar or the search box and click on the Go or Search button. The proxy site will fetch the YouTube website and display it on your browser. You should be able to access YouTube without any blocks or restrictions.
- Browse and watch any videos that you want on YouTube through the proxy site. You can use the proxy site’s URL bar or search box to navigate to other pages or videos on YouTube. However, keep in mind that some features or functions of YouTube may not work properly or at all through the proxy site, such as commenting, liking, subscribing, uploading, etc.
Method 3: Using a Code Bookmark to Unblock YouTube
How to use a code bookmark to unblock YouTube on a school computer?
To use a code bookmark to unblock YouTube on a school computer, you need to follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your device. You will need to use Google Chrome as your web browser for this method, as it supports code bookmarks. Other browsers may not work or may require different steps.
- Enable bookmarks on Google Chrome. If you don’t have bookmarks visible on your browser, you can enable them by clicking on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the browser, then selecting Bookmarks > Show bookmarks bar.
- Make sure that you don’t add any extra spaces at the beginning or end of the code.
- Right-click on the bookmarks bar and click on Add page. This will open the Edit bookmark page, where you can create a new bookmark with the code.
- Add a bookmark name and paste the code in the URL field. You can give any name to your bookmark, such as Unblock YouTube. In the URL field, paste the code that you copied to your clipboard.
- Click on Save. This will save your code bookmark on the bookmarks bar. Your code bookmark is ready to use.
- Search for a video using Google. Enter a YouTuber’s name and/or video description, then click on the Videos tab. Click on the video that you want to watch. If you have the link to a specific YouTube video, you can paste it into the address bar. When the video is blocked, you will see a message saying Video unavailable or This video is unavailable with Restricted Mode enabled.
- While on the video page, click on the code bookmark. You will see your code bookmark on the bookmarks bar with the name that you gave it. Click on it to run the code and open the unblocked video in a new tab.
- Play the video. You will see the video and the play button in the new tab. Click on the play button to watch the video.
Method 4: Using Tor Browser
Tor Browser is a special web browser that helps you stay anonymous online. It does this by sending your internet traffic through different servers around the world, making it hard for others to know what you’re doing or where you’re located.
Here’s how you can use Tor to unblock YouTube:
- Go to the official Tor Project website and download Tor Browser.
- Install Tor Browser on your computer.
- Open Tor Browser.
- Type “www.youtube.com” in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Now you should be able to access YouTube as if you were browsing from a different place.
Remember, Tor is great for privacy and getting around internet restrictions, but it’s not perfect. It might make your internet slower because of the extra servers it uses. Some websites might still block Tor, and be careful with what you do online because it can still be traced. Always follow the law and respect people’s rights when using tools like Tor.
Method 5: Using SafeShare Website
SafeShare is a special website that lets you watch YouTube videos without any distractions like ads or comments. It’s great for teachers and parents who want to share videos with kids in a safe way. And guess what? It can also help you get around YouTube restrictions because it doesn’t connect directly to YouTube’s servers.
Here’s how you can use SafeShare to unblock YouTube:
- Go to the SafeShare website.
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to watch.
- Paste the YouTube video URL into the “Enter a YouTube URL” box on SafeShare.
- Click the “Generate Safe Link” button.
- SafeShare will give you a new link. Just click on that link to watch the video.
- You’ll see the video on a clean page with no ads or comments. Keep in mind that SafeShare only works with individual YouTube videos, not with playlists or live streams. Also, if the video is restricted in your area, SafeShare might not be able to show it.
Now you can enjoy YouTube videos without any distractions using SafeShare!
Method 6: Using a Mobile Hotspot
Using your phone’s hotspot is another good way to unblock YouTube. This method lets you use your mobile data to access the internet, bypassing the restrictions of your current location.
Here’s how you can use your phone as a hotspot to unblock YouTube:
- Open the settings app on your phone.
- Look for the option called “Tethering & portable hotspot.” This option might have a different name or place depending on your phone’s model and system.
- Turn on the portable hotspot feature. You might need to set a password to protect your hotspot from unauthorized connections.
- Now, on your computer or other device, go to the WiFi settings and find your phone’s hotspot in the list of available networks.
- Connect to your phone’s hotspot using the password you set earlier.
- Open your web browser and go to YouTube. You should be able to access it freely without any restrictions.
Remember, using your mobile data means you’re using your internet plan, so make sure you have enough data available. Also, keep in mind that watching videos on YouTube can use a lot of data. Be mindful of your data usage when using this method.
Method 7: Using a Browser Add-on
Browser add-ons, also called extensions, are small pieces of software that add new features to your web browser. Some add-ons can help you unblock YouTube by changing your IP address or encrypting your internet connection, similar to a VPN or proxy server.
Here’s how you can use a browser add-on to unblock YouTube:
- Open your web browser and go to the store where you find add-ons or extensions. The store’s name will depend on the browser you’re using (for example, Chrome users go to the Chrome Web Store).
- Search for a YouTube unblocker add-on. Some popular free options are Hola VPN, ZenMate, and TunnelBear.
- Click on the add-on you want to use, then click “Add to Browser” or a similar button.
- After the add-on is installed, you’ll usually see a new icon in your browser’s toolbar. Click on this icon to activate the add-on.
- Depending on the add-on, you might need to choose a server location or adjust other settings. Once you’ve done that, try accessing YouTube again.
Method 8: Using Google Translate to Unblock YouTube
A fourth way to unblock YouTube on a school computer is to use Google Translate. Google Translate is a free online service that can translate text, speech, images, websites, and documents between different languages. You can use it to disguise YouTube as Google Translate and access it without any blocks or restrictions.
How to use Google Translate to unblock YouTube on a school computer?
To use Google Translate to unblock YouTube on a school computer, you need to follow these steps:
- Open Google Translate on your web browser. You can go to 35 or search for Google Translate on Google and click on its link.
- Select two different languages for translation. You can choose any two languages that you want, as long as one of them is English. For example, you can select Spanish and English, or French and English.
- Enter YouTube.com in the text box of one language. You can enter it in either language’s text box, but make sure that it is spelled correctly and without any spaces or punctuation marks.
- Click on the translate button or press Enter. Google Translate will translate YouTube.com into the other language and display it in the other text box.
- Click on the translated text or copy and paste it into your address bar. This will open YouTube as Google Translate in your browser. Your school network will not recognize it as YouTube and will not block it.
- Browse and watch any videos that you want on YouTube as Google Translate. You can use Google Translate’s text box to navigate to other pages or videos on YouTube. However, keep in mind that some features or functions of YouTube may not work properly or at all through Google Translate, such as commenting, liking, subscribing, uploading, etc.
In conclusion, if you find yourself frustrated by the restrictions placed on accessing YouTube and other websites on your school computer, there are methods and tools available to help you bypass these blocks. Despite the reasons behind the restrictions, such as preventing access to inappropriate content and minimizing distractions, it is possible to enjoy YouTube’s content on your school computer without any hassle. By employing various techniques discussed in this article, you can unblock YouTube and regain access to its vast array of educational and entertaining videos. Remember to exercise caution and responsibility when using these methods, ensuring that you respect your school’s policies and guidelines regarding internet usage. With the right approach, you can enhance your learning experience and make the most of YouTube’s valuable resources.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?