There are a number of benefits that come along with linking your Instagram and Facebook accounts. You can quickly upload photos from Instagram to your Facebook profile. Your Facebook friends will have an easier time finding your Instagram profile, and you will have an easier time discovering which of your Facebook friends also use Instagram. You will need to go through a few easy steps on both Facebook and Instagram in order to keep the distinction between the two social networks that you have chosen to use and unlink Facebook from Instagram.
How to unlink Facebook from Instagram on iPhone or Android
- Launch the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device.
- To use the hamburger menu, first tap your profile picture, which is located in the bottom right corner (three lines icon).
- To access your accounts and profiles, go to Settings > Accounts Center > Accounts & profiles.
- Choose your Facebook account.
- Select “Remove Accounts Center” from the menu.
- You will be asked for confirmation since you will no longer have access to linked experiences; select the Confirm button.
- Tap Remove (account name).
On your Mac, Windows, or Chromebook computer, the process to unlink your account is similar to what it is on any other device. Simply proceed in the following manner:
How to unsync Facebook from Instagram on desktop
- Launch a web browser on your personal computer and navigate to the Instagram website. Log in to your account.
- To view your profile, click the photo in the upper right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Keep scrolling down until you reach the Accounts Center button.
- Pick the Facebook account you want to use.
- Click the Remove Accounts Center option.
- You will be asked for confirmation since you will no longer have access to connected experiences; select the Confirm button.
- Lastly, select the Remove button (account name).
How to Remove Instagram Posts from Facebook
There are two methods you can use in order to achieve your goal of deleting all of your previous Instagram posts from your Facebook page. The first thing you need to do is go through your Instagram album on Facebook and manually remove all of the photos. This might take a significant amount of time, particularly if you have a lot of pictures.
The second method is to delete them via the Activity Log. This section of Facebook displays every action—such as reactions, shares, comments, tags, and posts—that you or another user has taken on your timeline. This guide will show you how to delete your Instagram posts that have been shared on Facebook using your Activity Log.
- To access your ellipsis, navigate to your profile and tap on it.
- Select the Activity Log option.
- In the section labeled “Your Posts,” choose the Manage Your Posts option.
- To find the categories, use the Filters button.
- Make your selection under Categories under Posts from other apps.
You will be able to view all of the posts that you have shared from your other apps. Tap the Trash icon in the bottom right corner of your screen after marking all of the ones that were uploaded from Instagram. After a period of 30 days, Facebook will move all of the images to the trash and then delete them automatically.
The Benefits of Keeping Your Facebook and Instagram Accounts Separate
The ability to create a profile that is completely separate from your Facebook is the primary advantage of unlinking your Instagram accounts from that platform. You’ll be able to find and follow new people even if Facebook isn’t constantly trying to suggest that you connect with your existing Facebook friends. It’s also possible that you get a message stating that “your Facebook friend ____ is on Instagram.” When you unlink your Instagram account from your Facebook account, Facebook will no longer notify your Facebook friends about your Instagram activity.
In conclusion, severing the connection between your Facebook and Instagram accounts might enable you to concentrate more fully on each single social media platform. You will have a lower chance of sharing the same post on both networks, and you will be able to more effectively pick the content that you want to share with your followers on each of the platforms.
Should You Unsync Your Facebook and Instagram Accounts?
When it comes to the question of whether you should unsync your Facebook and Instagram accounts, there is no answer that is absolutely right or wrong. Your interests and goals for using any of these social networks will determine the best course of action for you to take.
Follow the steps outlined above to unlink your Facebook and Instagram accounts if you wish to keep your Facebook and Instagram accounts distinct from one another. In the future, if you change your mind and decide that you want to reconnect with them, you can always do it by following the exact same instructions.
You have total control over whether you want to link or unlink your Facebook and Instagram accounts, despite the fact that the two are deeply integrated with one another. We really hope that this post was helpful in teaching you how to unlink Facebook from Instagram.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?