You now have the ability to upgrade to Facebook Messenger’s new features within the popular social media app Instagram thanks to a recent update. After making the adjustment, you will be able to use features that were previously exclusive to Facebook Messenger within Instagram. The direct message icon that was previously located at the top right of the screen has been replaced by an icon for Facebook Messenger, and features that were previously exclusive to Messenger will be incorporated into Instagram. These features include the ability to chat with friends that you already have on Facebook.
How to update Instagram messenger?
It makes no difference whether you use an iPhone or an Android device because the process for updating either one is exactly the same.
- Launch the Instagram app and select the Direct Messages icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- You should see a pop-up window that suggests you upgrade to the Messenger version of the app. Tap “Update.”
- A page stating that your messaging has been updated will appear before you. Tap “Continue.”
If you have used the “Not now” option in the past to change your Instagram messages, the procedure will be somewhat different, but it will still be quite simple. You just need to click on your profile image in the bottom right corner, press the three horizontal lines in the top right, choose “Settings,” and then pick “Update Messaging” from the drop-down menu that appears. Tap “Update.” You should now see the new Messenger icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
What’s new with the messaging on Instagram?
By releasing this update, Facebook has begun to integrate some of its services into Instagram. After installing the update, you will be able to interact between Instagram and Messenger without any problems. (However, Instagram messages do not show up on Facebook Messenger when viewed in a web browser.) On Instagram, you may engage in conversation with other Messenger users and view search results for the app.
- Stop sending texts that are hard to understand and avoid losing your place in a conversation by using reply messages. You can now respond to a particular message by swiping right on the message you wish to respond to. This new functionality was added recently.
- The Vanish Mode allows you to conduct your discussions in complete anonymity and deletes all of your messages after the session is over. You are able to have a chat while being anonymous thanks to the “Vanish Mode.” To do this, simply swipe up while you are talking to your partner in the chat. Keep in mind that in order to effectively use “Vanish Mode,” both you and your friend will need to make use of the new Instagram Messenger.
- You can now reshare posts. Previously, you could only share a post with one other contact at a time. Try it out by clicking the arrow that’s right next to the post that you’ve shared.
And that’s it! Now you can enjoy Facebook messenger features within the Instagram application and but before you can do that there are certain steps you must take to make it possible.