WhatsApp has become one of the world’s most popular messaging apps, connecting with more than a billion active users worldwide. However, if you are an iPad user, you may be disappointed to find that there is no official app available on the App Store. But that doesn’t mean you can’t use WhatsApp on your iPad. In this article, we will show you how to use WhatsApp on iPad using the web interface.
How to Use WhatsApp on iPad through WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web is an online tool that allows you to use your WhatsApp account on any device with web browser access. It allows you to connect up to four devices other than your main phone, and use it to send and receive messages from your WhatsApp account, even if your main device doesn’t have an internet connection.
Setting up a new device through WhatsApp Web requires a one-time setup. In this article, we will guide you through connecting your device to WhatsApp Web so that you can use it to send and receive messages.
To link your iPad to WhatsApp Web, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Open Safari or any other web browser on your iPad and navigate to web.whatsapp.com.
- On Android, tap the three dots in the top-right and tap Linked Devices. On iPhone, tap Settings and then tap Linked Devices.
- Tap Link a Device
- Use your smartphone to scan the QR code on your iPad.
After completing these steps, your device will be connected to your WhatsApp account. This allows you to use WhatsApp on your iPad to send and receive messages and view chat threads without having to connect your phone to the internet.
Here are some important tips to keep in mind when using WhatsApp on your iPad:
- You cannot delete WhatsApp messages or conversation threads from your device.
- If you use WhatsApp Web on your device, you will see the contacts from your primary device (either iPhone or Android), not those saved on your device. To send messages to users who are not in your contacts, we have a tutorial that can help you.
- If you don’t use your iPhone for more than 14 days, your iPad will be disconnected.
How to Add a WhatsApp Shortcut to Your iPad Home Screen?
To make WhatsApp feel like a native app on your iPad, you can create a shortcut for it on your home screen. This will give you an icon that looks like a regular app icon. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open Safari or any other web browser on your iPad and go to web.whatsapp.com.
- Tap on the share icon at the top of the screen, which looks like a square with an arrow pointing upwards.
- Scroll down and find the “Add to Home Screen” option and select it.
- Give the shortcut a name, for example, “WhatsApp,” and then tap on “Add.”
Your devive home screen will then have a WhatsApp web shortcut that looks like a normal app icon. Click the shortcut to launch the service whenever you want, almost like a native app.
Once loaded, it will even look and feel like the app. However, you won’t receive notifications like an app when new messages appear on your phone. You’ll have to open it, wait for it to refresh, and then you’ll see new messages.
The Limitations of WhatsApp Web on the iPad
When using WhatsApp Web on iPad, there are some limitations. Most importantly, don’t get notified when you receive a new message. This can be a problem for some people. But there are other things you can’t do. For example, using WhatsApp Web on an iPad makes it difficult to make or receive audio or video calls.
In conclusion, although there is no official WhatsApp app for device, you can use the messaging service on your tablet through WhatsApp Web. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can connect your iPad to WhatsApp Web and start sending and receiving messages instantly. However, there are some limitations to using WhatsApp Web on your device, such as lack of notifications and difficulty making audio and video calls. Creating shortcuts on your iPad home screen can create a more app-like experience.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news and updates about social media, consider subscribing to our website newsletter. Stay informed and be the first to know about new features and updates from your favorite social media platforms.
No, there is no official WhatsApp app available for iPad. However, you can use WhatsApp Web on your iPad to access your account.
Making or receiving audio or video calls when using WhatsApp Web on an device is difficult. This is one of the limitations of using WhatsApp Web on a tablet.
You won’t receive new message notifications on your iPad when using WhatsApp Web. This is one of the limitations of using WhatsApp Web on a tablet.
Currently, you cannot delete messages or conversation threads on WhatsApp Web on an iPad. This is another limitation of using WhatsApp Web on a tablet.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?