Instagram Live has become a popular platform for live streaming content, and watching it on a larger screen can enhance the viewing experience. Fortunately, several methods are available to watch Instagram Live on your TV. In this article, we will explore five different methods that allow you to enjoy Instagram Live streams directly on your smart TV. From using your web browser to casting or mirroring content, utilizing cables, employing third-party tools like AirDroid Cast, to leveraging the Chromecast device, we will cover step-by-step instructions for each method. So, let’s dive in and discover how you can bring the excitement of Instagram Live to your TV screen!
Why Should You Watch Instagram Live on TV?
|How it helps
|Immersive Viewing Experience
|Transferring live content to a larger TV screen for a more engaging and visually captivating experience.
|Larger Audience Engagement
|Sharing the experience with a larger group of people, encouraging discussions, reactions, and enhancing overall enjoyment.
|Enhanced Visual Quality
|Superior screen resolution, color accuracy, and contrast on smart TVs compared to smartphones or computers for better visual appreciation.
|Comfort and Convenience
|Enjoying content comfortably without holding a device or straining your eyes, with user-friendly interfaces and remote controls on smart TVs.
|Social Media Integration
|Accessing other Instagram features alongside the live stream, such as browsing related content, exploring profiles, and engaging with comments.
As seen above, by watching Instagram Live on TV, you can enhance your viewing experience in various ways, from immersing yourself in the content to enjoying it with a larger audience while benefiting from superior visual quality, comfort, and seamless social media integration.
How to Watch Instagram Live on TV?
Method #1: Using Your Web Browser
The first method involves using the web browser on your smart TV. Most smart TVs come with a built-in web browser that can handle Instagram. You can easily watch Instagram Live by connecting your TV to the internet and signing into your Instagram account. Here’s how:
- Connect your smart TV to a reliable Wi-Fi network and launch its web browser.
- Navigate to the Instagram web page and sign in to your account.
- Enter your email, phone number, username, and password, and click on the “Log In” button.
- Look for the “LIVE” label at the top of the main feed in the “Stories” section. Tap on the user you want to watch, and the video will open, with the comment section on the right.
Method #2: Casting or Screen Mirroring Content
Another method involves casting or mirroring your screen from a device with Instagram to your smart TV. This method is especially useful for Android Smart TVs but works with various operating systems. Follow these steps:
- Ensure your laptop, smartphone, and smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Settings app on your smartphone, tap the cast icon, and connect to your smart TV.
- If you’re using a PC, open Chrome, click on the cast button, and connect to your TV.
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone or log in to your Instagram account using Chrome on your PC. You can now enjoy live stories on the big screen of your smart TV.
Method #3: Using Cables
The final method involves using cables to connect your devices. Although this method is more suitable for PCs, you can still use it with adapters on your smartphone. Depending on the available video connectors on your smart TV, you can choose between HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, or DVI cables. Here’s how:
- Connect one end of an HDMI cable to your laptop and the other end to your smart TV.
- Power on your smart TV and change the input source to the video connector port you connected.
- Launch the web browser on your PC and log in to your Instagram account.
- Tap on the Live Story you want to watch and enjoy it on the large screen of your smart TV. Note that any interactions, such as commenting, should be done on your PC, not with your TV remote.
Method #4: Using Third Party Tools like AirDroid Cast Web
AirDroid Cast is an incredibly powerful streaming tool that allows you to mirror various devices. It provides both an app and a web version, which you can use simultaneously to stream content from your smartphone, including Instagram Live, to your TV.
Using AirDroid Cast and its web version is a straightforward process. Just follow these steps:
- Download and install the AirDroid Cast app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Connect both your smartphone and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the web browser on your smart TV and enter “webcast.airdroid.com” in the search box to access AirDroid Cast Web.
- You will see a QR code and a numerical code on your TV screen. In the AirDroid Cast app on your smartphone, either scan the QR code or enter the 9-digit code.
- Grant the necessary permissions for your mobile screen to be cast on the TV.
- Your entire mobile screen will now be mirrored on your TV. You can proceed to open Instagram Live and enjoy it on the larger screen of your TV.
Following these steps, you can easily utilize AirDroid Cast to stream and mirror your smartphone’s content, including Instagram Live, onto your TV for a more immersive viewing experience.
Method #5: Using Chromecast device
The Chromecast device is a compact dongle that can be inserted into the HDMI port of your television. Many smart TVs already have integrated support for Chromecast.
Requirements for Casting Instagram Live to Your TV using Chromecast:
- A smartphone or tablet with the Instagram app installed: Having the latest version of the Instagram app on your mobile device is necessary to access the live-streaming feature.
- A TV or display equipped with an HDMI port: This is where you will connect the Chromecast device, allowing the live stream to be displayed on your TV screen.
- A stable Wi-Fi connection: Both your phone and Chromecast device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to enable the casting of the live stream to your TV.
- Google Home App: The Google Home app is essential for setting up the Chromecast device and initiating the live stream casting process.
Once you have all these in place, you can start the Instagram Live stream on your phone and use the Google Home app to cast it to your TV by following these steps:
- Plug the Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV and power it on.
- Download and install the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open your device’s Google Home app and tap the Devices button in the top right corner.
- Look for the Chromecast device that you want to use and tap on it.
- Ensure your phone and Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and start to choose the live stream you want to watch.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen on your phone to open the main screen of the Google Home app.
- Tap on the Cast My Screen option.
- Select the Chromecast device that you want to use to cast the live stream to your TV.
- The live stream will now be displayed on your TV, and you can enjoy watching Instagram Live on your TV.
These simple methods allow you to watch Instagram Live on your smart TV. Whether you prefer using your TV’s web browser, casting your screen, or connecting with cables, you can enjoy the immersive experience of Instagram Live on the big screen. Choose the method that suits you best and start exploring the exciting live content on Instagram from the comfort of your living room.
If your TV does not have built-in smart features or a web browser, you may need additional devices like a streaming stick or media player that supports Instagram to watch Instagram Live on your TV.
The availability of certain features, such as swiping through stories or accessing specific Instagram Live features, may vary when watching Instagram Live on your TV compared to the mobile app. However, you can still enjoy the live stream and engage with the content in a larger viewing format.
Various factors can prevent you from watching live videos on Instagram. Here are a few potential reasons:1. Insufficient or unstable internet connection.2. Outdated version of the Instagram app that lacks support for live streaming. 3. Account suspension or restriction that prohibits you from accessing live content. 4. Malfunctioning camera or microphone on your device. 5. Live streamers may have restricted their broadcasts, limiting access to specific audiences.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?