When you open Instagram and try to see the new posts, sometimes it doesn’t work and says, “Couldn’t Refresh Feed.” Even if you keep trying, you can’t see the new posts. In this post, I will tell you why this happens and how to fix it. When you use Instagram, you may have different problems, like Instagram Reels Not Working or the feed not refreshing. This post will tell you how to fix the problem when the feed doesn’t refresh and what causes it.
Why the Instagram’ Couldn’t Refresh Feed’ Error Occurs
There are several reasons why you may encounter the “Couldn’t refresh feed” error on Instagram. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Slow Internet Connection: If you have a slow internet connection, Instagram may not be able to load new posts, resulting in the “Couldn’t refresh feed” error.
- App Glitches: If there is a glitch in the Instagram app, it may not be able to refresh your feed properly, resulting in an error message.
- Outdated App Version: If you are using an outdated version of the Instagram app, it may not be compatible with the latest features and updates, causing the error.
- Account Issues: If there is an issue with your account, such as a login problem or a security issue, it may result in the “Couldn’t refresh feed” error.
- Server Issues: If Instagram’s servers are experiencing issues, you may not be able to refresh your feed, resulting in the error message.
- Instagram cache is full: If there are too many files stored on your device for Instagram, it can cause problems that stop the feed from updating. These files are called cache files, and they help Instagram load faster and work smoother.
- Your date and time are wrong: Instagram might show the “Couldn’t refresh feed” message if your phone’s date and time are incorrect. This happens because Instagram’s time is different from your phone’s time, which causes problems when you try to update the feed.
- Your actions have been blocked by Instagram: Instagram can block you from doing things on your account if they think you are not using it in a real way. They watch what you do, and if you like, comment or follow too much too quickly, they might think you are not using it normally. This happens more often if you just started using Instagram.
How to Fix Instagram ‘Couldn’t Refresh Feed’ Error
If you encounter the “Couldn’t refresh feed” error on Instagram, there are several steps you can take to fix the issue. Here are some solutions to try:
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Connection
The first step in fixing the “Couldn’t refresh feed” error on Instagram is to check your internet connection. If your internet connection is slow or unstable, Instagram may not be able to load new posts. Here’s what you can do:
- 1: Turn off Wi-Fi or cellular data on your device.
- 2: Wait a few seconds and then turn on Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- 3: Open the Instagram app and try to refresh your feed.
Solution 2: Close and Reopen the Instagram App
If the “Couldn’t refresh feed” error persists, try closing and reopening the Instagram app. Here’s how to do it:
- 1: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen (on an iPhone with a Home button) or swipe down from the top of your screen (on an iPhone without a Home button) to access the App Switcher.
- 2: Swipe left or right to find the Instagram app.
- 3: Swipe up on the Instagram app to close it.
- 4: Wait a few seconds and then reopen the Instagram app.
- 5: Try to refresh your feed again.
Solution 3: Update the Instagram App
If you are using an outdated version of the Instagram app, it may not be compatible with the latest features and updates, causing the “Couldn’t refresh feed” error. To fix this issue, you need to update the app to the latest version. Here’s how to do it:
- 1: Open the App Store (on an iPhone) or the Google Play Store (on an Android device).
- 2: Search for “Instagram” and select the app from the search results.
- 3: If an update is available, click on “Update” to install the latest version of the app.
- 4: Once the update is complete, open the Instagram app and try to refresh your feed.
Solution 4: Log Out and Log Back Into Your Account
If there is an issue with your account, such as a login problem or a security issue, it may result in the “Couldn’t refresh feed” error. To fix this issue, you can try logging out and logging back into your account. Here’s how to do it:
- 1: Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- 2: Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the screen.
- 3: Scroll down and tap on “Log Out.”
- 4: Once you have logged out, wait a few seconds and then log back into your account.
- 5: Try to refresh your feed again.
Solution 5: Wait for Instagram to Fix the Issue
If none of the above solutions work, it’s possible that the issue is with Instagram’s servers. In this case, you will need to wait for Instagram to fix the issue. You can check Instagram’s Twitter account or other social media channels to see if they have acknowledged the issue and are working on a solution.
Solution 6: Set your date and time automatically
Make sure your phone’s time and date are set to “automatic.” If they are set manually and are not the same as the real-time, Instagram may not work properly, and the feed may not update.
Solution 7: Clear Instagram cache
Cache files can sometimes become corrupted or outdated, which can cause issues with the app’s performance, including preventing the feed from refreshing. By clearing the cache, you are essentially resetting the app and deleting any problematic files that may be causing the issue. However, it’s important to note that clearing the cache is not a guaranteed solution, and other factors may be contributing to the error.
Solution 8: Check if your actions are blocked
If you do too much on a new Instagram account in a short time, Instagram might stop you from doing more things on your account for a while. This can happen if you use bots or services that are not allowed by Instagram to get more followers or likes. If you see a message that says “Action Blocked,” you can try some things to fix it. For example, you can complete your profile information or log in from a different device.
Solution 9: Turn off the data saver mode
Data saver mode is a feature on some phones that reduces data usage by limiting the app’s ability to download images and videos. This can sometimes cause issues with the app’s performance, including preventing the feed from refreshing. By turning off data saver mode for Instagram, you may be able to improve the app’s performance and allow it to refresh the feed properly.
To turn off data saver mode, follow these steps:
Go to ‘Profile’> ‘Settings and privacy’> ‘Data usage and media quality. Next, turn off ‘Data saver.’
Solution 10: Contact Instagram support
If your Instagram feed is still not updating, you can tell Instagram about the problem by contacting their support team. Here’s how to do it:
Log in to your Instagram account and go to “Settings,” then choose “Help” and “Report a Problem.” Then, explain the problem and say that you are getting the “Couldn’t refresh feed” error. Finally, submit the report and wait for Instagram to respond.
The “Couldn’t refresh feed” error on Instagram can be frustrating, but there are several solutions you can try to fix the problem. Checking your internet connection, closing and reopening the app, updating the app, logging out and back into your account, and waiting for Instagram to fix the issue are all options to consider. By following these steps, you should be able to refresh your feed and stay up-to-date with the latest posts from your friends and favorite accounts on Instagram. Remember to keep your app updated and your internet connection stable to avoid encountering this error in the future.