Facebook, which is owned by Meta, has added new features to enhance the video functionality for users. The company has introduced a Videos tab that makes it easy to edit and upload videos. Additionally, it has included several new features such as:
- Improved editing tools,
- The ability to upload HDR videos,
- And replaced the old Watch tab with a Video tab.
What are the New Features?
Facebook is launching a feature that will allow users to create both short and long videos from one place. These tools are already available to Meta Business Suite members. Furthermore, Facebook is introducing new editing options such as adjusting the speed, rotating, or changing clips. Additionally, Meta Reels now supports HDR video, and users can upload and view videos. With new editing tools, users can add music, filters, and other effects to their videos. Users can also edit, clip, and add titles and tags to their videos.
Meta Renames ‘Watch’ Tab to ‘Video’ on Facebook Platform
Meta has renamed the ‘Watch’ tab to ‘Video’ to better reflect the platform’s wider range of video content beyond its original programming in the Watch feed.
“The Video tab, previously known as Facebook Watch, is now the one-stop shop for everything video on Facebook, including Reels, long-form and Live content. The Video tab will look familiar – you can scroll vertically through a personalized feed that recommends all types of video content – but will also feature new horizontal-scroll reels sections that highlight recommended reels, so you can quickly jump into short-form video.”
Meta is following in the footsteps of TikTok by highlighting top-performing content from users instead of relying on professionally commissioned content.
- The “Watch” tab, which was originally Meta’s programming hub, has been renamed to “Video” to reflect the platform’s wider range of video content.
- Meta has also redesigned its video Explore section to showcase trending video topics for each user.
- The platform is integrating Reels editing tools into the main feed to encourage more short-form video creation, with more responsive video editing available.
- Additionally, users can now upload higher-quality HDR videos for Reels. Users can view and write comments on Instagram Reels recommended on Facebook without switching between apps.
Why Has Meta Launched this Feature?
Meta is working to expand the types of videos and reels available on its platforms. In March of this year, the video restriction on Facebook was increased from 60 seconds to 90 seconds. Since last year, Meta’s CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, has expressed his desire to transform Facebook into a “discovery engine” that offers users more content beyond their social circle. The recent improvements to Facebook are a step toward Zuckerberg’s strategy of a “Discovery Engine.” These changes have also started to appear on the Facebook app and website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?